4x4Adventures Marshalls Day Out

JST

Hi Guys,

Just to confirm the following guys who have Marshalled for my events over the last year i have you booked onto a DRD at Bampton on Sunday 25th Nov 07:

David Lovejoy

Tim Jones

Charles Bishop

Jase Farr

Dave Wilson (tbc)

Bob Smith

It will be a 1000hrs meet through until 1530/1600hrs, remember to bring your own lunch, waterproofs/boots etc!

Note my last comp of the year is the day prior Sat 24th!

If you can no longer make it then spaces will become available to anyone else who has marshalled for me.

Hi Guys,

Just to confirm the following guys who have Marshalled for my events over the last year i have you booked onto a DRD at Bampton on Sunday 25th Nov 07:

David Lovejoy

Tim Jones

Charles Bishop

Jase Farr

Dave Wilson (tbc)

Bob Smith

It will be a 1000hrs meet through until 1530/1600hrs, remember to bring your own lunch, waterproofs/boots etc!

Note my last comp of the year is the day prior Sat 24th!

If you can no longer make it then spaces will become available to anyone else who has marshalled for me.

Hi James, thought I had confirmed by email a while back? Not been well of late but will hopefully see you at 7 sisters 10&11th Nov.

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update for Sunday on who i am expecting and a reminder to bring the paperwork forms with you on the day if you havent already sent them back to me (i have Tims and Daves)

Lardy

Tim Jones

Charles Bishop

Jase Farr

Dave Wilson

Bob Smith

you should of all had an email from me with start point, directions and forms etc, drop me a line if you didnt get it.

Well what a great day out! Thanks James for taking us around - was a really enjoyable route although maybe we'll miss out the quarry next time... <_< .

The new rear bumper did sterling work protecting the rear lights but the n/s font wing took a bit of a beating... :( .

My pics from today:

post-121-1196021906_thumb.jpgpost-121-1196021935_thumb.jpg post-121-1196021949_thumb.jpgpost-121-1196021969_thumb.jpgpost-121-1196021986_thumb.jpg post-121-1196022002_thumb.jpgpost-121-1196022019_thumb.jpgpost-121-1196022042_thumb.jpg post-121-1196022061_thumb.jpgpost-121-1196022089_thumb.jpgpost-121-1196022115_thumb.jpg post-121-1196022136_thumb.jpgpost-121-1196022155_thumb.jpgpost-121-1196021920_thumb.jpg

I didn't take any pics in the quarry, I am just extremely relieved that everyone got out relatively unscathed. It is quite chilling to think that any one of us could have made what was a tiny mistake and end up in the same predicament.

Events as I understand them:

Lard and family in the 90 approach the top of the really steep drop off in the quarry. Lard pauses at the top, takes some advice from bystanders and decides that with the family in tow that today was not the day to be attemptng obstacles like that. Puts the truck in reverse, foot off brake moving towards the throttle as the clutch comes up but too late - front axle goes over and he can't hold it. As it is in reverse, when the front hits the ledge half way down it digs in and the truck goes end over.

Lands hard on the roof but his cage did its job brilliantly and James was on the scene in seconds to get everyone out.

Fortunately all relatively unscathed but Lard and his wife a bit battered. They were all off to A&E once they got home just to make sure nothing serious was hiding under the surface.

Makes me shudder that any one of us could make such a simple error. Without a cage.............................. doesn't bear thinking about.

Give Lard a day or two to recuperate and I am sure he will correct all my errors. I'm just glad they all got out in one piece.

Not the first I've seen go over in there, the other a Suzuki that tried to turn right half way down the slope

people need to be aware before attempting such an obstacle.

I've driven and guided many many people down that slope without worry, it seems the car in reverse was the cause of this near miss

I do hope Lardy/family are fine and are well enough to soon get over the trauma.

Top day out, both me and passenger had a great time. Thanks for putting the pics up Bish, I was so busy concentrating I didn't see you taking them.

Now if I'd only concentrated that hard on the first bit :rolleyes:

Some tricky stuff tackled and thanks to both JST & TJ101 for their advice, there was stuff I would have avoided otherwise and I'm happier and more confident having done them. The driving wasn't bad either ;)

I have just rewritten my xmas list.

Xbox 360 - scrub

iPod - scrub

dvd of landrovers - scrub

Just money towards a rollcage please - they are bloody useful B)

Fully agreed Dave, another top day out, in the main, Am sure Paul will be along later with all the details and good news

A bit of winching needed in places, but everyone got it well sorted , but well done to both Kevin in the Jeep, only suffering in a couple of places due to ground clearance, and Dave in what, is really a standard 90 TD5 with larger tyres to give some lift, drove very well,,, most of the time :rolleyes:

Events as I understand them:

Lard and family in the 90 approach the top of the really steep drop off in the quarry. Lard pauses at the top, takes some advice from bystanders and decides that with the family in tow that today was not the day to be attemptng obstacles like that. Puts the truck in reverse, foot off brake moving towards the throttle as the clutch comes up but too late - front axle goes over and he can't hold it. As it is in reverse, when the front hits the ledge half way down it digs in and the truck goes end over.

Lands hard on the roof but his cage did its job brilliantly and James was on the scene in seconds to get everyone out.

Fortunately all relatively unscathed but Lard and his wife a bit battered. They were all off to A&E once they got home just to make sure nothing serious was hiding under the surface.

Makes me shudder that any one of us could make such a simple error. Without a cage.............................. doesn't bear thinking about.

Give Lard a day or two to recuperate and I am sure he will correct all my errors. I'm just glad they all got out in one piece.

Just read this

really hope lard and family are OK. Sounds like they got away with it and Lardys welding he was showing me yesterday did the job.

Get well soon big man

i,d like to thank everyone for a quick responce and great team work in getting all 4 of us out the truck with great speed and taking care of deb and the kids with clean cloths and loads of cuddles ,cheers guys ....... we,ve been to a+e all ok just bruises and down hearted .

thanks again ;)

i,d like to thank everyone for a quick responce and great team work in getting all 4 of us out the truck with great speed and taking care of deb and the kids with clean cloths and loads of cuddles ,cheers guys ....... we,ve been to a+e all ok just bruises and down hearted .

thanks again ;)

How many puppies it cost ya Lard, must be minimum two.

Glad to hear you the Mrs and the nippers are ok.

Lard

don't be down hearted be thankful your work in preparing the truck saved your family from injury.

if you are in need of parts etc please say so and I'm sure people will help out if they at all can,

and hopefully the 90 will appear again fighting fit asap.

really all in all just glad you are all fine