AWDC Round 7 - Tong

najw

An absolutely cracking event :D

Well done to the Northern Counties Greenlaners for setting out some really challenging sections and making the best use of some bits of the site that have NEVER been used before.

And for marshalling superbly all day.

I think I'll pick up my redundancy cheque now and leave them to it :huh:

Results for the day are now posted here

HERE

Championship points will be posted tomorrow when I surface... It's going to be tight folks :o

All to play for at Slindon I reckon :lol:

Cracking site, worth the drive to get there. A BIG thank you to NCGL who set up the punches, meaning we could have a slightly more relaxing weekend than normal! Good punches as well!

Just a shame that it took us 6 hours to get home again, bloody traffic!

Will post picks later when I find my camera...

Championship points now posted...

HERE

As suspected, when you take away the worst two results there are 2 teams tied in 1st place

Rob Jones/John Hall and Chris Ould/Simon Roberts

Should make for an interesting final round particularly as both teams are well known for being extremely sportsmanlike and stopping to help others in difficulty

(co-driver faux pas now edited - sorry Daffyd!!)

What a superb event. Well done NGCL & AWDC. A cracking site and one I hope we go back to next year.

All was going well for us in the morning until we decided to be the first to try out punches 6&7.......probably not the best idea in the world. Drove and winched out to the punches and then the motor cut out on the way back (the water was around my waist at the time). Surprisingly (after we were recovered) we managed to get all 8 cylinders firing again but the alt wasn't producing enough charge for the winch to pull effectively. This may turn out to be a fish still swimming around in the engine bay :rolleyes::rolleyes: This effectively put an end to our day but managed to trundle around for the rest of the day trying to spot some easy punches until we overheated.

Found some pics

HERE

First one with the BIG boys and thoroughly enjoyed it, just had problems with overheating and little power to recharge winches so had to use them very conservatively and quickly before it overheated again, spent loads of time sitting in the pond cooling it off.

Twin alternators and big alloy rad in the back for next time (if she lets me out again), be prepared Saley were off again.

Thanks to all involved, definitly a great day out.

Boothy and son :D:D:D

First one with the BIG boys and thoroughly enjoyed it,

Boothy and son :D:D:D

I new i should have come up, just to see the big man stuck in the water :lol: But oh! what i'd have done just to have been driving.................. passed at speed!!!!!! :P;):lol: Next time............. :lol:

Twiggy, you coming down to Slindon next month ??????? I'll show you where all the hole's are!!! ;)

Firstly I'm glad to hear all you nutters enjoyed the little jaunt around Tong. Apologies to the standard class boys if a lot of the course required a rear winch. We just really wanted to test everyone in the mud, after all the rocks of late.

My best memory of the day was watching Chris Abel and Saley descending the rock steps in the gulley, often with just one wheel touching the ground. Why was it special, it was the first time in 9 years it had been driven, such is the conservation concerns of the site (or is it that no one has been mad enough?)

I have lots of pictures and will try to get them posted. If you see any of you and want the full res version pm me and I will send it.

Again, top respect gents and ladies, I'd just like to see the detractors of this event put their trucks were their mouths are and go wheel to wheel with you lot. Me thinks a few of the so called big fish would be made to look like minnows!!

This has to be one of the hardest series in the UK which now includes all the premium sites, which is solely down to you Neil and your team. Your going nowhere, however I am sure I speak for all in the NCGL when I say we will continue to support this series and do all we can to help you improve it.

Good luck at Slindon and thanks to all for making it worthwhile.

BB...

We had a great time at Tong, got a bit carried away and forgot to keep an eye on the time and spent an extra 10 min's playing in the mud :rolleyes: Neil’s Description of tong "Slindon on Acid" was definitely right!!

The Truck is looking a little sorry for itself after yesterdays antics, the front wing bars, rock sliders, front bumper, doors, and bonnet have now got a few extra curves :o

We had a great time at Tong, got a bit carried away and forgot to keep an eye on the time and spent an extra 10 min's playing in the mud :rolleyes:

Sorry Chris I was dieing to tell you the clock was ticking, but the public watching kept asking each other the time, I was sure you heard them?

I suppose you were trying not to drop the truck on each others foot with the wheels off? :lol:

Good event, coupled with a 4 hour drive there and back, so no complaints there either. Shame we had to change the rear diff at lunchtime, but hey ho! ;)

However, that tyre change special stage was not built for Range Rovers! We're a good bit shorter on the chassis on one side now thanks to that zig zag through the trees! :o

Neil (or anyone else), did you happen to pick up our green step that we drove away and left behind in the car park? Thought you might have seen it as we were parked near the AWDC trailer.

See you all at Slindon :D

Neil (or anyone else), did you happen to pick up our green step that we drove away and left behind in the car park?

Yes I have your step :rolleyes:

Along with two other bags of trash that were thoughtfully left beside the trailer for me to deal with :angry: :angry:

Yes I have your step :rolleyes:

Along with two other bags of trash that were thoughtfully left beside the trailer for me to deal with :angry: :angry:

Neil, sorry one of the bags may have been mine. I left it where we camped to take home with me but when i got back it had been moved. Didnt see it next to the trailer though, sorry.

Top Shots Big Blue :) , have you any pics of (sorry for the foreign word) grey Suzuki???? Would be nice if you have. I also took my truck down the rock steps, wasn't driving. But could see what the truck had to do & it did, look good. Therefore would be good to have some photos of it.

Yes it was hard with no rear winch, so I would not worry Big blue about the course, it was hard, but very enjoyable. I truly felt like a pig in SH!T going around the Tong Site.

Taff.