AAAAARRGGG Main Dealers

Simon_CSK

Have been waiting for nearly 3 months for the delivery of my Freelander2. The car was supposed to be with the dealer a month ago and with 5 days to go I received a call from the salesman, John, to say that the computer was showing delivery had been delayed by two weeks. I was livid and phoned customer services who told me the build date as the 5th October and delivery to Delaer as 16th October. At this point the dealer pacified me by offering a full tank of fuel and mud flaps (which I had forgotten at the time of ordering.

As you can see it has not been a good starty for the dealer so far.

As delivery approached I phoned the dealer on Monday afternoon to check the car had been delivered to him. Result they have the car I will take delivery on Thursday. As I am away for a few days I told him I would pick the car up on Saturday, Today.

On Thursday while in Legoland with my family I get a call from the salesman. He is just checking his figures so that the paperwork is in order for Saturday. He then phones me back and states that the deal that I accepted and paid a deposit for is no longer possible they have calculated the finance on 12000 miles per annum and not the 21000 that we discussed and that to change the figures it is going to cost me an extra £50 per month. I tell him that I will need to phone him back

At this point I am absolutely livid. I phone my wifes cousin who is our solicitor to conmfirm that the deal must stand and it must but proving it could be a problem as nothing at this stage is documented. (this is a contract under Scots law where a verbal contract stands)

I hone the dealer back stating that I will check my records but will not get back to him until Saturday as I am away on Holiday.

Then phone my solicitor to get him to phone and apply pressure.

On Friday I phone LR Customer Services to complain about the dealer they say that they will phone me back by lunch time.

At lunch time I receive a call from mthe salesman who says that they have sorted it and I can collect my car on Saturday as arranged.

As you can imagine I am very angry about this. I will be picking my car up in about 2 hours having taken off (in anger) the dog guards and the tow bar (I was going to leave these on cos I could not be bothered with the hastle).

Will keep you posted but beware of main dealers and horray for Landrover Customer Services who will certainly be getting a letter of thanks.

Not sure why it's taken 3 months, I was told 2 weeks for manual and 6 weeks for auto.

As for the finance, your annual mileage is pointless really as it only affects the guranteed future value and therefore monthly fee. As these gfv's are always way below market value you'd be made to hand it back at end of agreement so you might as well say any annual mileage to get the monthly figure where you want it.

As you are financing, I've just looked at LR website and they have a promotion on Freelander 2 with finance at 6.9% APR. Check what APR yours is as this may make more difference to your payment if you didn't get it.

Cheers

Steve

Not sure why it's taken 3 months, I was told 2 weeks for manual and 6 weeks for auto.

As for the finance, your annual mileage is pointless really as it only affects the guranteed future value and therefore monthly fee. As these gfv's are always way below market value you'd be made to hand it back at end of agreement so you might as well say any annual mileage to get the monthly figure where you want it.

As you are financing, I've just looked at LR website and they have a promotion on Freelander 2 with finance at 6.9% APR. Check what APR yours is as this may make more difference to your payment if you didn't get it.

Cheers

Steve

Steve

I think part of the problem is the colour. Rimmini Red is not popular with the dealers therefore they do not order them en-mass.

Would agree in part about the milage but the problem I have had with my current car is the milage I was contracted to 12000 miles and have done 22000. The GFV should be £13k so will be interested to see what happens when I go to the dealer this afternoon.

And they wonder why people buy Japanese.

Bling

Result the first thing the salesman said was sorry. I now have the car below and I am now just starting to relax. I though buying a new car was supposed to be a pleasurable experience this has just been horrible but the end result was worth it. Don't know who sorted it the Solicitor or Landrover Customer Services but I am greatful to both.

post-252-1192903772_thumb.jpg

Bling

Result the first thing the salesman said was sorry. I now have the car below and I am now just starting to relax. I though buying a new car was supposed to be a pleasurable experience this has just been horrible but the end result was worth it. Don't know who sorted it the Solicitor or Landrover Customer Services but I am greatful to both.

I'm in a similar predicament. Told I'd have to wait till xmas for delivery for 90XS in Cairns Blue. Popped into a dealership today for a look at bolt on goodies. Had a chat with the salesman and he then checked the system, and then announced that there were 2 avail in the country. I've now fired off a nice e-mail to my dealer at LR.

Bling

I hope the reg No. is yours? Or have you been sold a vehicle over 2 years old in the belief it's new!