fibreglass bonnets

gelf

I know this is a bit OT, but I am going to get out the magnet at work and see what stuff is still alloy - these changes seem to have happened while I wasn't looking.

I must say I don't like fibreglass stuff - cheap and nasty and cracks and breaks. Don't remind me of those bonnets they used to make for minis - looked like rubbish and were rubbish.

...........Don't remind me of those bonnets they used to make for minis - looked like rubbish and were rubbish.

Did you mean the full clip front that hinged forwards?

I had one on my Mini as a lad.

In one of those junior moments I used it to take the whole side out of a Cortina. Started at the A post and finished by tearing off the rear bumper.

The clip suffered only a small split.

Steve

Many years ago there used to be a company near me who made a complete front end for a Series that hinged forwards. They used to advertise in LRO I'm sure. The ad would have been somewhere near the rear coil spring conversion made in Huddersfield that used a cut down leaf spring as a platform for the coil. Anyone else remember these blasts from the past...?

Many years ago there used to be a company near me who made a complete front end for a Series that hinged forwards. They used to advertise in LRO I'm sure. The ad would have been somewhere near the rear coil spring conversion made in Huddersfield that used a cut down leaf spring as a platform for the coil. Anyone else remember these blasts from the past...?

My mate had one of those back in the 90's and it was old then

Not to my taste but made engine maintenance very easy

Dave at Lama no longer make the bonnets

anything would be a lot lighter than the 07MY bonnet!

the weight reminded me of an old bonnet, with a waterlogged foam insulation inside it

definitely not one to be whacked round the back of the head with :o

Corr you should try a bonnett with a 750 Avon Range master on the top of it. Now they are heavy to lift. That is what i had on my first landy :)