I appear to have gotten a freelander... err, help!

FridgeFreezer

Lewis - does the T bolt in place of the K then?

Yes

Fridge, why not just pickup it?

Be a tad different?

Its not that diffrent, we have a freelander 2 door at work that has been a pick-up since it was new in '98. The guys from climatic test use it to fetch the newspaper and go to the canteen

Lewis - any 3-doors kicking about with unused tops? ;)

Had a few quotes today, considering every freebie leaves the factory with a roof of some sort I can't work out why they're so frickin' expensive :huh: best one so far was £200 for a not-perfect commercial hard-top.

Had a few quotes today, considering every freebie leaves the factory with a roof of some sort I can't work out why they're so frickin' expensive :huh: best one so far was £200 for a not-perfect commercial hard-top.

I imagine that hardtops are spendy at the moment cos its coming up for winter and all the salon owners are getting worried about the cold!!

Just bang a bulkhead in behind the seats, and rip the back seats out, they will then pay for the rest of the bits, no doubt, if it as cheap you suggest, then you wont care that its not standard.

Or, why not copy the one Rich has on his Dlander?

Erm, in a word, no. For some reason eeryone seems to think that Land Rover just has a random selection of unused parts from each model from every year of production just lying around waiting to get gifted to the first person that wants them. Sadly it doesnt work like that :)

Just bang a bulkhead in behind the seats, and rip the back seats out, they will then pay for the rest of the bits, no doubt, if it as cheap you suggest, then you wont care that its not standard.

Or, why not copy the one Rich has on his Dlander?

This isn't supposed to be a project, I just want it not to fill with water when I drive it :rolleyes: I'm not sure a slightly damp bog standard cloth rear seat will fetch much on eBay either. Plus that would leave me unable to carry passengers, reducing the "practical runabout" angle a tad...

Just won a complete soft-top on eBlag for £125, that's a bit nicer than £300.

Time to buy some lightbulbs and book an MOT, how do these things keep happening to me? :unsure:

Anyone want to buy a Range Rover? :rolleyes:

Edited to add: Pictures now in the member's vehicles section

Soft top has arrived, it's in good nick so dead chuffed. Only missing the little clip (AKA buffer piece) that the top clips to on the RHS body, and the red key to undo things with - amazingly enough the local LR main stealer is getting both in, the key is £2 the buffer piece is £3 :blink: shurely shome mishtake?

Will be picking them up saturday, then filling the car with desiccant packs to abosrb all the moisture that's leaked in over the last 2 years :rolleyes:

I bought my Freelander 1.8 just recently, I traded a perfectly good Rav4 for it, however the car has had the modifications done to it with the new gasket etc and it runs sweet. I spoke to the guys at rover who did the work and they said the upgraded parts cure the problem...it is just a shame that they did not cure the problem earlier in production....finally, is it me or does everyone who owns a freelander never have anything good to say about them.

Well the MOT was today - it failed on emissions and the front anti-roll-bar bushes.

Emissions I don't think is a real problem, considering I hacked it about for ~5 miles then took it (via the car wash) for the test after not being driven for 2 years the cat probably wasn't doing much. Also there's a bit of stale fuel left in there, I filled up with super petrol to try and clear it through but apparently this can raise the emissions a bit. Plan is to drain the tank, stick regular petrol in and blat up and down the motorway just before the re-test. It passed HC and Lambda, just failed on CO.

ARB bushes are being done tomorrow, thanks to Jules having some kicking about.

Oh and I fitted a stereo, got to have some tunes ;)

ARB bushes done, that was a difficult 5 minutes :lol:

Draining the fuel tank was trickier, end result was:

Pop the fuel line off the fuel rail

Connect fuel line to jerry can

Remove fuel pump fuse

Jumper +12v from sunroof relay socket to pump side of fuel pump relay

w a i t... a looong time for the pump to empty 50 litres of fuel.

Re-test booked for 4pm, fingers crossed! :unsure: