I appear to have gotten a freelander... err, help!

FridgeFreezer

Scores on the doors:

Fuel pump: £30

Soft top & fittings: £145

Cat: £80

Car wash: £6

MOT & re-tests: £60

Grand total: £321, I can live with that.

Insurance is a very reasonable £250 ish, just waiting for the DVLA to remove their finger from their arse and send the V5 so I can tax it <_<

Stereo cost £70 but that's not a legal requirement last time I looked :lol:

Are you taking it to slindon to give it a run or will the paperwork not arrive intime.

I've had a request to bring the 109 to Slindon so going to go in that. Been driving the freebie about though - as long as I tax it by the end of the month it's legal (that's what the DVLA man said, so that's what I'm doing :D) V5 should be here before that.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had a request to bring the 109 to Slindon so going to go in that.

You could always tow it there with the Freebie... Case your stat gets stick again!

Good oppurtunity to add a link to what's become one of my favourite pictures, first posted on this forum, I think.

http://www.rikslandys.co.uk/oldrovers.html

Cheers

Blippie

That chap posted on Pirate, shall we say his attitude didn't quite fit in :lol: my favourite comment was his suggestion that anyone with tyres smaller than 40" was of questionable sexuality and could offer no useful technical input to any discussion :rolleyes:

Anyway - 109 went to Slindon, Freebie has stayed on-road for now although I did do a bit of wading and a lot of puddle splashing at the weekend - and I think I may have upset a Porsche Cayenne driver who was driving *around* puddles :lol:

That chap posted on Pirate, shall we say his attitude didn't quite fit in :lol: my favourite comment was his suggestion that anyone with tyres smaller than 40" was of questionable sexuality and could offer no useful technical input to any discussion :rolleyes:

Anyway - 109 went to Slindon, Freebie has stayed on-road for now although I did do a bit of wading and a lot of puddle splashing at the weekend - and I think I may have upset a Porsche Cayenne driver who was driving *around* puddles :lol:

good to know the paper work arrived I bet that was a releive

The 1.8's are like V8's with water.

But with one sutle diffrance, Hard to get wet but once it is wet its a git to get dryed out.

How are you finding your new car on the road in comparison to the RRC apart from the speed I saw you fly off up the motorway in it the other night after the commitee meet. :lol:

How are you finding your new car on the road in comparison to the RRC apart from the speed I saw you fly off up the motorway in it the other night after the commitee meet. :lol:

The V5 arrived today, so it's now officially mine and taxed too.

I did get the engine to splutter after wading (it was quite deep, and I had driven past a "road closed" sign :lol: ) which gives me an excuse to fit MS'n'EDIS at some point :rolleyes: can't bring myself to cut a hole in it for a snorkel, it would only lead to it getting used off-road a bit more than is healthy :ph34r:

On the road it's nice - the RR is definitely a more relaxed motorway cruiser (V8 & auto it would be) but the freebie is nippy and goes round corners nicely. Getting ~26mpg at the moment despite "spirited" driving so that's a nice change as well B)

I have noticed a quirk which is if I'm doing a tight turn (full lock) it feels like it is struggling, as if the wheels are scrubbing. Is this normal or is something out of kilter? From the wear on the front tyres I think the tracking may be out anyway.

Likely to be a siezed viscous coupling John. These then go on to kill the IRD, so its worth fixing if it has siezed sooner rather than later.

Megasquirt wont help the waterproofing at all as its coil on plug technology anyway so there'd be no benefit to it surely?

Jon