converting an 8274 to Hydro power!!

Chris Abel

Chris, just ditch the leccy winches, talk to Alan at 4x4winches .com and put full hydraulic front and back. Apart from losing a chain when I fitted a new one to an old sprocket, I have never had a problem in nearly 2 years. Small tank, no heat build up to worry about and they pull like a train all day long.

and if you fit an eleccy winch in the center you get a self recovery mecanism system for when you roll and cant use the engine

:rolleyes: plus it helps with the more odd punches.

After seeing some of the places you managed to get to using the center winch at the euro thats one thing that ive definitly got todo.

Alan ive got to agree with you that hydraulics are certainly the way forward, But im all up for trying something a little diffrent :rolleyes:

Chris, just ditch the leccy winches, talk to Alan at 4x4winches .com and put full hydraulic front and back. Apart from losing a chain when I fitted a new one to an old sprocket, I have never had a problem in nearly 2 years. Small tank, no heat build up to worry about and they pull like a train all day long.

I'll second that, Since seeing Alan and Saleys winch's in use i was very impressed and very very tempted!!!!