BF Goodrich tyres... white lettering out or in??

Guest diesel_jim

White lettering? in or out  

131 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Lettering in? (so the tyre looks all black)
    • Lettering outwards? (bling-tastic)

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest diesel_jim
the one on the right of the see-saw :hysterical:

Thats about right Ralph.... red hair and firey!! :lol::lol:

I started breaking the wheels down today...

Well, broke the beads on 1 1/2 of the wheels (only got 8 1/2 to go) but got bored. think i'll go down the type place with a crate of beer and see if they'll swap them over for me.

Definitely in ............................

I have white lettered tyres (Khumo) on the cherokee ................when the tyre fitter rolled it out the bay I needed 'kin sunglasses :blink: ............. and promptly told him to turn them all around .............. he was not best pleased ............. but then ........... the tw@t should have asked me first ! :rolleyes:

Another problem is keeping the white lettering clean ............I had white lettered tyres on a company 4x4 and when the lettering gets dirty they look sh1te .......... best method of cleaning is either a pencil rubber or a dry scotch cloth.....................never again !

:)

Ian

Best way of cleaning is a bucket of warm soapy water and one of the big synthetic kitchen scourers, the type that are a sponge on one side and a sort of synthetic abrasive stuff on the other. Takes about 30 sec per wheel to do. Works a treat for brake dust on alloys too, so don't be a wimp and do it all properly :P

Depends... Do you have other stickers etc on the landy that advertise other bits/companies?? If so then why not have the letters out to advertise your tyre company as well?

Personally I have them out on my BFG MT's- cost me enough so might as well make it obvious that they are not Colway remoulds!!

Shrek

• 2 weeks later...
Guest diesel_jim

Well, i finally took my tyres down to the local place with a couple of crates of beer (£16 for two from Asda, so well worth it)

and i had them mounted........

white side IN.... uncle Ralph is a trendsetter!!! :D:D:D

post-130-1195121192_thumb.jpg

Guest diesel_jim
:hysterical: shouldn't have time to get bored when there's a 110CSW to build & buy lots of shiney bits for. :D

Thats what i've been doing tonight.... stripping down the axle i got from JST ready to blast some of the bits tomorrow and slap some paint on at the weekend.

I'll have a "proper" rolling chassis then! cand fit the gearbox & bulkhead then... and be able to move in my garage again.

trouble is, i keep wasting my time on silly things like that engineering test... i got 80%... <_<<_< thought i was cleverer than that! (i know... should be "more clever"... :rolleyes: )

Letters out, otherwise what is the point of buying something with white lettering and anyway it just looks like some idiot has put them on the wrong way round...

That's why I fitted mine with the lettering out.... But if you fit Cooper Discovers you have no choice as there is no white lettering. :D (Replacing the BFG AT's with CD S/T's - a good looking tyre and much cheaper than the BFGs).

• 2 weeks later...

post-312-1196109603_thumb.jpg

Letters out every-time...

In the BORC the control tyre sponsor asked everyone to run with writing out.

I'm a names man so Goodyear or BFG look cool the other look cheap and tacky

My disco has them out and my Range also has them out.

Anyway after 5k you can't see it anymore :lol:

• 2 years later...

out everytime, i paid 125 pound per corner for my bf ats, im proud to have them there as i rate these the best money can buy for there purpose, if id have bout cheap and nasty insa turbo at copys or general something or others then fair enough, but to wear these white side out is always the way