changing steering wheels

garfyted

If I Remember Correctly

early defenders/up to and including all but the very last 200tdis can fit the TD5 wheel

the TDi 200(very late) and 300tdi can have the series wheel.

best and only real way is to count the splines on the shaft. there is a boss available from momo to fit to all types

I purchased both types one for the 90 and the other for the 110

There are two types of TD5 wheel. One fits pre-defender 90/110 which come with the 4 spoke wheel, the other fits tdi defenders that come with the 2 spoke wheel. The one that fits the early 90/110's is essentially the same as the 2 spoke wheel fitted to RRC's but with a bigger central 'cushion'.

There are two types of TD5 wheel. One fits pre-defender 90/110 which come with the 4 spoke wheel, the other fits tdi defenders that come with the 2 spoke wheel. The one that fits the early 90/110's is essentially the same as the 2 spoke wheel fitted to RRC's but with a bigger central 'cushion'.

Thanks guys - dont like the big 'cushion' - looks like something i cant mention but hey I'll keep looking

the two spoke TD5 wheel I have does not fit the 90 (300TDi) but did fir a 90(pre defender)

That will be the one the is essentially an RRC wheele.

There is another TD5 wheel, think different ones where fitted to CSW's or something like that, that fits 200/300 tdi's.

I guess it's the non CSW TD5 wheels that fit tdi's then.

In this thread you will see Ralph has fitted a TD5 CSW wheel in place of his pre-defender 4 spoke wheel, and then as it's the same as a RRC wheel he has changed the centre 'cushion' for a flat one from a RRC, which I agree looks much better. I had a RRC wheel in my old 110 in place of teh original 4 spoke job.