hill n ditch 4x4 mouldsworth quarry cheshire

scooby

hello people ;)

i would be interested in peoples thoughts about the site covering all aspects

e.g safety , layout , value for money

anything you think would be helpful

i went to day and am not sure what to think :(

so i,d be very interested to hear what you have to say ;)

hello people ;)

i would be interested in peoples thoughts about the site covering all aspects

e.g safety , layout , value for money

anything you think would be helpful

i went to day and am not sure what to think :(

so i,d be very interested to hear what you have to say ;)

Havent been for a while but the place was safe enough last time we went. How much do they charge now.

The place is a bit tame, ok for anyone who is learning I guess. A bit small and you have done the lot by breakfast.

not having much experience i,d been told this would be a good place to start :rolleyes:

so off i went my £25 :- one motor /2 people plus a fiver for every extra person ,

the people running it where very helpful with plenty of advice , it may seem tame to you old hands :P but to a beginner like

myself it seemed a great starter site , but as the day went on it was almost like organised madness from little suzuki jeeps

buzzing round like wasps ( one bloke even thinking he was driving a bulldozer streight in to a small wooded area trying

to cut his own path and then having to be dragged out ) :angry: to a bloke in a discovery driving as fast as he could in what

looked like a vain attempt to blow his engine /gearbox to bits

and in the end he managed to bring all movement at the bottom of the quarry to a complete stop while everybody

looked on amazed :o at this point 2 groups of people who had travelled down from near blackpool who i got talking to said

they had seen enough and where not risking there motor with him around and off home they went ( there also did not seem to be any

control with regards to speed or direction of flow with some vehicles meeting head on :o up on the high slopes leading to

one of them having to reverse all the way back,

so i think what i,m saying is , was this the norm , and was i expecting to much :D having done limited off roading over the years

i,d come to think off roading was all about man and machine working as one to overcome natures obsticles :lol: not

grass trackers let loose in 4x4,s

tell me folks

should i ligthen up :(

Yep,

Know exactly what you mean about knobs in knackered motors (and I should say not every knackered motor is driven by a knob), saw exactly the same at Weston Coyney (Stoke on Trent) where they had allowed a standard Cavalier in, and for the life of me couldn't see why they had admitted it onto the site, but I suppose the arguement is, he'd paid his money.

While I was there over the edges there was a bump with lad in goodish Disco going upbank met by knob in knacked Samari coming downbank resulting in collision.

Absolutely nothing as far as I can see can you do without regulated and marshalled playgrounds I'm afraid, and don't use the ones where the lads just sit on the gate and take no interest about whats happening on the site untill its time for them to go home.

But in fairness its a big enough site to move out of the way of dickheads, where'as Hill'n'ditch isn't really, i was bored after an hour there.

Bigger site my friend, more room, more fun.

Good luck

Boothy

nice one lads ;)

seems to be a little hit and miss at some sites.

maybe a good idea to draw up a league table of sites that the more experienced people have attened ,

they could be rated them out of 10 and the avarage giving there position on the table

this might also improve the not too well controlled sites

making changes :lol:

anyway i've just woke up from my deep sleep :P

• 3 years later...

Been there and was ok but they seemed more interested in hybrid beasts which torn everything to bits,I have a def with 1" lift and it kept bottoming out and had to be pulled out,not a problem but the organiser with winch vehicle was to busy playing with the hybrids ,hence being left for 20mins at a time. Also a lot knobs with wrecks speeding around,not my scene really and not worth £25 as you all say to small.