Brake pedal position?

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I will, sometime in the future, be sticking an autobox into my90, i was wondering if anyone on here has a 50th anniversary or a NAS auto 90, could measure where the brake pedal comes down through the bulkhead.

I'm thinking that a) the factory auto's have a *special* bulkhead with differently spaced holes for the brake pedal to stick through, or B) they just have the clutch pedal holes blanked off, and the brake pedal (and servo etc) are all in the "normal" place (albiet with a bigger pedal on).

TIA.

Jamie

I will, sometime in the future, be sticking an autobox into my90, i was wondering if anyone on here has a 50th anniversary or a NAS auto 90, could measure where the brake pedal comes down through the bulkhead.

I'm thinking that a) the factory auto's have a *special* bulkhead with differently spaced holes for the brake pedal to stick through, or B) they just have the clutch pedal holes blanked off, and the brake pedal (and servo etc) are all in the "normal" place (albiet with a bigger pedal on).

TIA.

Jamie

Can do you photos of a 50th and an Ashcroft TD5 auto if it helps, but they're both in the normal place.

Do you remember ages ago I had some 1 ton rims and tyres off you? That 100" I was in is auto but with the steering column moved over slightly into the space left from the master cylinder. Makes a nicer driveing position.

Guest diesel_jim
Can do you photos of a 50th and an Ashcroft TD5 auto if it helps, but they're both in the normal place.

Hi Woodrow.

The fact that the 50th is in the "normal" place answers my question, thanks. i want to keep as much of my 90 as "factory" as i can (yeah, like a 2.8, auto, SD external cage, mach5's etc etc are all factory... but you know what i mean! :D )

• 2 weeks later...

When I changed to 4 speed auto on the NAS I just removed the clutch pedal. Brake pedal remained the same. Large auto pedal not necessary and being left hooker the left hand cabin space is smaller than right hand since the gearbox is not centrally placed.