Bellhousing crossmember

Tonk

Right, dunno if this is going to work... Here are 3 pics of the removeable crossmember from Designa Chassis. the two little brackets get welded under the main chassis rails, then the crossmember just bolts up to these. Frankly, nowadays I'd just make my own, but I bought it a good few years ago when I couldn't weld etc... You live and learn...

I might alter it (or make my own) to bolt to the inside of the chassis rails (if there is room) so that I on't have so much carp hanging down underneath. B)

Oh.... carp. I can't get the images I have put in my gallery to load up on this page. Just check out the gallery: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?act=modu..._album&album=25 .

Hope that gives you some ideas... Al. ;)

Right, dunno if this is going to work... Here are 3 pics of the removeable crossmember from Designa Chassis. the two little brackets get welded under the main chassis rails, then the crossmember just bolts up to these. Frankly, nowadays I'd just make my own, but I bought it a good few years ago when I couldn't weld etc... You live and learn...

Hope that gives you some ideas... Al. ;)

looks military-based to me as it looks the same as whats under my 109 FFR, worth visiting a ex-MIL sales person and crawling under a vehicle and un bolting one, fabricating the brackets and saving a few pennies

looks like a gearbox mounting xmember to me????????? i was referrin to the bellhousing xmember, same sort of thing though, think mine will be slightly better made (read heavier :rolleyes: )

Yeah, I thought we knew that??? It was just to see how it could be done - a crossmember is a crossmember!

I agree it could be beefier, I may not use it in the end and just make my own.

I think they base the design (i.e. copy) the removeable military ones, so yeah, it should look the same.

Al.

yes i have replaced bot front bellhousing cross member and gearbox member as they both got smashed i will take some photos when ive cleaned it, as i have just shattered the hand brake drum to bits on a stump so i will add another cross member just behind the drum with a bask bar underneath. marc

:ph34r: