Intermittent Rear Wash Wipe

I've fitted a Hella Intermittent Wiper Unit on my 110.

It has a rotary switch/potentiometer (like an old-fashioned radio off/on-volume switch)

Here's a piccy -

7010.jpg

"The intermittent switch automatically stops/starts the windscreen wiper at regular intervals, 2-20 times per minute.

For windscreen and rear window wipers, for positive and negative-earth vehicles. With installation material."

Intermittent wipe control unit, 5-pin, part no's -

12V = 5WA 001 871-041

24V = 5WA 001 871-051 * (Special order only)

I've installed it into the 3-switch panel on the lower right hand side of the dash. I made a new panel to take the rotary control in the middle, with the Hazard Warning and Heated Rear Window switches either side of it.

I'm in the process of fitting the 2002 dash which has the new type Hazard Warning and Heated Rear Window switches, I intend to fit the intermittent control into the headlamp levelling switch position.

It cost me £12.99 in 1990.

Paul.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also available from Simonb is a relay to fit behind the switch panel that gives intermittent rear wipe.

• 5 years later...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy