04 td5 defender axle rear

bombx3

As in topic

Regards

Ray

Yes....

One off a 90 will be a straight swap....

One off a 110 (will be a later none Salisbury axle) - will also fit, but you will need to change the spring mounts for the ones off you current axle, and you will need a custom length prop (although a front one off a 200Tdi Defender isn't too far off).

For both axles - you will ideally need late spec rear dampers - as the mount on the axle differs from that of your 200Tdi.

Ian

Yes....

One off a 90 will be a straight swap....

One off a 110 (will be a later none Salisbury axle) - will also fit, but you will need to change the spring mounts for the ones off you current axle, and you will need a custom length prop (although a front one off a 200Tdi Defender isn't too far off).

For both axles - you will ideally need late spec rear dampers - as the mount on the axle differs from that of your 200Tdi.

Ian

Thanks for the info trying to up grade my knackered axle for disc brakes ,24 splines and 4 pin diff ,i was told disco axles fit is that true also what is the difference in shock mountings on the 04 axle compared to my 200tdi

Thanks for the info trying to up grade my knackered axle for disc brakes ,24 splines and 4 pin diff ,i was told disco axles fit is that true also what is the difference in shock mountings on the 04 axle compared to my 200tdi

A disco axle will also fit (straight swap) - unless you use one off a 300Tdi....

If you use a 300Tdi jobbie, you will need to change the diff output flange for a four bolt jobbie (as a 300Tdi Disco uses a 3 bolt arangement with a rubber doughnut) - you should just be able to swap the flange for the one off your current rear diff.

The rear damper mount.... instead of having a flat mounting (as per your 200), the axle also incorporates a cup for the rubber bush (bushes are also a slightly different shape). In saying that, if you play around with the rubbers (and washers) you should be able to re-use your dampers (but won't be 100% ideal)

Ian

The rear damper mount.... instead of having a flat mounting (as per your 200), the axle also incorporates a cup for the rubber bush (bushes are also a slightly different shape). In saying that, if you play around with the rubbers (and washers) you should be able to re-use your dampers (but won't be 100% ideal)

Just to add that it takes about 20 mins to drill out spot welds and chisel off these cups.

Cheers

Steve