roll cage light mountings/brackets

I've just bought an N.A.S. front cage for the 90 and now want to attach some spots to the top of the cage, there are no brackets welded onto the cage, so i was wondering what the best way would be to attach the lights to the cage without welding brackets on? Is there any kind of tube clamp or bracket you can buy and if so where can i get them from??

cheers

Ed B

I've just bought an N.A.S. front cage for the 90 and now want to attach some spots to the top of the cage, there are no brackets welded onto the cage, so i was wondering what the best way would be to attach the lights to the cage without welding brackets on? Is there any kind of tube clamp or bracket you can buy and if so where can i get them from??

cheers

Ed B

Not used them but here are some options:

http://www.evansuk.ltd.uk/rollcageextras.html

Exhaust clamps?

Have used them on mine.....means if i smack a light off road the light just twists rather that breaks/mangles the welded on tab. I run 4 x 5x7 KCs on mine and you cant see them behind the lights anyway.

cheers

Ed B

Its not a NAS one then. All genuine ones have the tabs.

In the past I've used jubilee clips on my own, if you get it right when you hit them they just twist round rather than smash the light to bits.

I've got tabs but I've seen 52mm exhaust clamps used equally effectively in the past.

To slightly threadjack, I want to replace the lamps I used to have above the windscreen. They're below the cage to protect them but I need a unit that doesn't illuminate the windscreen and cab, ie doesn't shine backwards at all. Any pics/suggestions?

JB

Exhaust clamps?

Have used them on mine.....means if i smack a light off road the light just twists rather that breaks/mangles the welded on tab. I run 4 x 5x7 KCs on mine and you cant see them behind the lights anyway.

i assume we're talking this type of thing

ffbn6o.jpg

Turbocharger

How about a bit of electrical tape on the bottom to stop them shining in the cab, thats what i did with mine....stops them lighting the dashboard and bonnet to much. Mine are under covers most of the time exept when offroading so the look doesnt matter to much.

Rod

Well, obviously using them on the road is illegal, but for the many offroad miles I do where roof lights would be handy...

I've tried insulating tape in the past but even several layers don't seem to block out the light. I was hoping for someone to produce an ad for a rectangular lamp that completely surrounds the glass lens <_<