propshaft

series3_mad

Just to complete the picture, you guys did this on both front and rear axles, right? The same amount on each?

Any idea how many degrees? How many were your wedges? Did they work as far as propshaft vibration/wear was concerned before your binned them?

And in case anyone really hasn't a clue... You reduced the height of the spring pad/foot thing on the bottom axle casing on the side furthest from the spring shackle, right?!? (Don't want anyone doing it the wrong side now!).

I might give this a bash myself when I'm next over.

Al.

Nope - front only - theres no castor on the back axle is there?

Yes the wedges worked ok they just keep working loose, and rattle like hell when they are loose!

Just grind the pads like you say - the shims are available in a variety of sizes. Think mine were 2.5 degrees but cant remember for certain.

Jon

mine definitely were 2.5 degree wedges, IIRC i ground off 5mm off the mating pad down to zero the other end, think this kicks the nose by 3 degrees, no vibration probs.

i wasn't going to grind the rear axle (shouldn't be any need) but after fitting a longer transmission i ended up with a shorter prop obviously, and a couple of chassis mods i ended up with some yoke binding problems on the prop, so i ground the rear axle pads to kick it a couple more degrees. rear prop instantly gets kicked when fitting extended shackles at the rear aswell

Hmm, more confused now, I assumed that both front ard rear axle were done, I get prop rumble with FWH fitted (and in the free position)

Chris take it out of 4wd! :):D

No seriously. Are we correcting for castor angle (ok - front axle only, obviously), or correcting for prop angle, in which case both apply, no?

If we are discussing propshaft binding / vibration, then it's not about castor angle I guess.

Al.