Bearmach parts- how do they rate

Roy Batty

Guest diesel_jim

I've had no problems at all with the stuff i've had from them.

rubber bushes seem OK (look almost like genuine ones). little things like gaskets and pipe clips are much cheaper.

if they don't have bearmachs' "own" brand items, they get genuine parts in, and if you're happy to wait a few days you can get them a bit cheaper than over the genuine dealer counter.

Howdy Diesel Jim:

I usually order all my parts - usually from UK - so waiting is the game I always play

I only know AllMakes and B**Tparts - and the latter I do not care for - besides genuine LR -

I will order genuine but for now my lift pump needs attention right quick

primarily I use B99- B75 - B50 in winter - so diaphragm material is important - I will like to think Genuine is supplying Viton or something as rugged to stand up to ULSD - not shrink and dry out

Cheers ya

I buy the vast majority of my parts from Bearmach, but there are things I would only buy genuine from them, such as wheel cylinders, brake and clutch master cylinders, clutch slave cylinders, and water pumps. Their 300TDi timing belt kits are far superior to the genuine items, and as Jim says, rubber bushes are both cheap and comparable to genuine.

They are supposed to be having a big shake-up over quality of some of their parts, so we will see.

Even genuine stuff from them is cheap though, so no big sting in the tail if you prefer gen parts.

Les.

Bearmach supply both patterned and 'genuine' OEM parts. They are both pretty reasonable value - and usually up for a bit of haggling!

You need to be a bit selective over which you use in what situation though.

As a rule of thumb, I use genuine for anything which turns, seals or is safety critical. Anything else can be patterned.

Si

Howdy Lee:

you speak of Bearmach having a shake up or Genuine LR- over parts quality ?

And hopefully not as bad as B**tPart.

I have a new old stock water pump for the 200Tdi - and I am thinking it may be B**part - should get a genuine by spring

are there any good discount LR parts suppliers that will post to USA - that you might know?

Cheers ya:

Howdy Les:

Sorry mate - haven't had my tea yet

So far I have yet to find a genuine LR water pump on the 4 sites I have visited - is there a Direct LR parts online order place you might direct me to - Water pump I will like Genuine LR - here the internet has become huge for direct parts - Nissan for example is usually very costly - yet I order parts on internet and they come direct from Dealer at 40% savings

helps now especially now that the dollar is worth .01$

Cheers ya

For years I have been doing the same thing with parts

If its a simple to get to or to replacement / maybe a service item I will consider Non Genuine.

The more difficult the job is to redo if the part fails, if its a seal, gasket, or other part that = PITA if it fails, and often is a cheap part anyway when gaskets etc - for example the genuine gasket for a 3.9 V8 water pump is very different to the inferior many pattern ones .

I will go 'Quality branded' on some items all the time - eg Brake pads, discs, calipers, track rods etc, HS for UJs SKF Timken for bearings etc rather than Bearmach, but for anything really important (and I'll inc oil filters here - one collapsing - and yes I have come across them is goodbye engine) then has to be genuine - and things like springs engine bits gearbox or diff gears, or other key parts.

Bearmach stuff can often be genuine, BUT I have found that since LR dropped the prices on older stuff - known as "Classic" sometimes genuine stuff is cheaper than pattern stuff ! - ie RR Coil springs. and you get exatly what you wnat ie the right poundage for the job not a "Gawd knows what special"

I would frankly pay more for quality / peace of mind / getting exactly what I want

Nige

I have never had problems from Bearmach and there part put two racers through four years of races and several class wins and a challenge truck to a few challenge wins.

I have found there service very good but I have good friends within Bearmach so my comments could be biased

Howdy mates:

Exactly :pay for the Quality - why i want genuine for the water pump - as I am living in the desert sometimes 44º

Do you say that Bearmach makes genuine?

Ancillaries for me should be of very good quality if not genuine- water pumps always genuine - most things internal - with perhaps exception to rings and valves if there was better quality/performance available with good reputation

Cheers:

Howdy Jules:

I ask opinions - even biased - and check if there is anything negative written about - race proven says alot to me

Cheers ya:

I'm not getting dragged into other supplier’s quality as I simply don't know.

They are a wholesaler so supply the Retailers and not the General public direct (only through their retail shops)

IME if they don't make it they send me GP but there own parts as still a good standard and some are still UK made and they can supply pretty much anything LR you would want there own brand or GP.

Talk to the head office (number is on the back of LRO and most of the other mags.) They will be able to answer any other questions you may have.

Everything from my RRC LSE has come from Bearmach