Chrome Roll Hoops

AJL

A friend of mine is trying to source a chrome roll over hoop/lightbar to put behind his 90 truckcab top god knows why he wants it in chrome i said he should have bought a Mitsubishi or Nissan but each to their own!

he doesnt want it to afford roll over protection rather to mount spotlights on and to act as a grab rail for people standing up in the back whilst lamping at night

anyone able to point us in the right direction as to a supplier?

many thanks

Standing up in the back whilst lamping at night? :o

I can think of few more dangerous things to do in a vehicle!

When I am driving for lamping we tend to run with the windows down, all lamping/looking is done through them, if something is spotted we stop the vehicle and the shooter gets out quietly, usually uses the bonnet as a rest.

Even when we use the 101 rag top, there is no way I'd allow anyone to stand up, bad enough if the vehicle rolls (which is more likely in the dark I guess, didn't see that rabbit warren etc), but standing up in a moving vehicle with rifles around? :o Of course the aren't loaded when in the vehicle are they?

I'm not having a go, but it's something I've been involved with most of my life, it's also somethign that's incredibly dangerous if due care and attention is not given. The recent case where a man shot and killed his son in law was down to carelessness and not following basic safety procedures.

Just to clarify

No one's shooting standing up in a moving vehicle! :o

Down here in Devon the safest practice is to drive cross country,or through lanes, bearing in mind we have huge hedges. Man with light is unarmed standing in rear tub. Light therefore at the highest point and man with lamp/spotter utilising the highest vantage point. Target quarry: Fox.

When Eyes are identified and recognised a gentle tap on the tin lid of the truckcab causes the driver to stop the vehicle. Target then agreed and re-identified . If safe for a shot by either marksman (driver or passenger) marksman will load rifle, either shoot from vehicle if on field or track, using wing mirror as rest, get out of the vehicle and shoot from bonnet with bi-pod or climb in the back of the truck cab and rest on the roof.

If vehicle is on the road (lane) marksman will enter field alone and shoot from a safe distance. All the time lampman in rear tub retains the target in the light beam with or without red filter.

Fox can also be controled "squeaked" closer if necessary by lampman

Fox then dispatched and retrieved.

with this method 7 square miles of private shooting estate can be lamped safely.

hence the need for a hoop to provide better security for the unarmed lampman stood in the rear tub.

just for the record these people carrying out this task are not inexperienced country folk but professional gamekeepers protecting livelyhood and game stock (15,000 pheasants)

As for standing in a moving vehicle on a public highway down here the police turn a blind eye and have quite a lot of understanding.

Not so bad, I imagined people clinging to the roll hoop with one hand and clinging to the rifle with the other!

No not exactly <_<

Due to the terrain its the only real option in order to see quarry and cover the ground.