HOWLIN' WOLF CHALLENGE

najw

HowlinWolf.gif

The Howlin’ Wolf will be a series of eight one day challenge events through 2008 at the very best off road sites in the UK.

Organised by the AWDC team which has delivered the acclaimed Scorpion Racing Challenge Trophy series for the last 3 years and the Scorpion Racing EuroChallenge in 2007 this new series will hopefully become the ‘must-do’ championship for challenge teams in the UK and replaces the AWDC Scorpion Racing Challenge Trophy.

The overall winners of the series will be awarded the Howlin' Wolf Trophy.

CLASSES

Class 1: Unlimited Modifications. Vehicles do not need to be taxed for road use and may be equipped with any combination of winch AND diff locks. Vehicles do not require a mechanical link between the steering wheel and the steered wheels.

Class 2: Modified. Vehicles must be taxed for road use and may be equipped with one or more of the following: Winches front AND rear, Front and/or rear diff locks

Class 3: Limited Modifications. Vehicles must be taxed for road use and may be equipped with one winch. Traction aids may only be used if original factory fitted equipment

At each event, trophies will be awarded to the driver & co-driver of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed team in each class. Prizes will be awarded to the winning team in each class.

Dates & venues are as follows:

16 March - Slab Common (TBC)

20 April - TBA

24/25 May - Walters Arena

22 June - Cowm Quarry

17 August - Kirton Off Road Centre

14 September - West Harptree

12 October - TBA

9 November - Slindon Safari

Full details on request from challenge@awdc.co.uk

SponsorsBanner.gif

Will there be a limit to numbers on the Walters event? Would like to provisionally get a place on that one even if we can't manage the whole series.

Mark

There will be a 40 car limit at all events. Email me for registration details, then feel free to enter.

Correct

18/11/07 from Scorpion web site

2008 SCORPION RACING

CHALLENGE TROPHY

Keep a space clear in your diaries for 6 of the most challenging rounds so far. With new exciting classes, great sponsors and £1000 prize money at the end of the year!

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Have you told Colin???

Adrian, it will be a shame not to compete against you guys in the different class, not too sure about this.

Dont worry Alan, if you cant keep up i'll change my axle's/steering ;)

Well if another, say five cars did the same, it would make the class competitive, as it is there are only 4 (not 3 as I thought) cars with hydrosteer. Maybe there are more, there certainly needs to be for me if its going to be worth entering...

Just had a chat with Saley and he assures me that the classes make no difference to the overall winner at each event, but I dont particularly want to be 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a class of only (say) four cars.

What is to stop people thinking, (assuming I won a round) "well he is in class 1 so he didnt beat me". I think I need to be convinced.

Do class 2 cars now think me, Saley, Chris and Glynn have an advantage over them. I have not heard an mutterings to that effect. I assume it is something to do with the MOT issue of not having a mechanical link and insurance. If I am to seriously commit to this new format, I need to be convinced. Please dont suggest I fit a mechanical link, a backward step is not going to happen...

Surely the main competition is how many points you score compared with every one else who entered, as in your overal standing, and you position in the sub group is secondary? Me if I had the budget and time, I'd be entering just for the craic.

So why have classes?

So why have classes?

To give more people a chance of standing on the podium, and I supose so people can compare their performance with competitors in similar spec vehicles.

As for not entering 'cos theres not enough other vehicles in a particular class, someone has to be first. Hopefully a few people showing off their engineering skill(?) and imagination might encourage more to have a go. As has been shown, 'portal axeled, monster tyred, hydraulic steering, multi-winched ,spaceframed monsters don't always win overal; but we do like to see them taking part. Not to say that we dont mind watching the one winch, no-lockers etc doing well also.