HOWLIN' WOLF CHALLENGE

najw

Im guessing its because next year there will be 2 trucks turning up with 4 wheel steer and im sure that some people would disagree. Putting the hydro steer trucks in with them helps make up the numbers.

Alan i do share your point of view about the hydro steer in class 2, but dont let it put you off, hopefully there will be more people realise that landrover steering boxes and low slung track rods have there weaknesses! ;)

Add another to the list as i will be joining you in class 1

Cool Rob, a few more and it will get interesting B) B)

Have a look at the video of Chris Jones in the Baskervilles. He has the same winches as us but with a deeper drum.

Cannot get the link to work but if you go on d4x4 it is under Baskerville challenge

Dont worry Alan, if you cant keep up i'll change my axle's/steering ;)

Saley's just told me you will be in class 1 with portals and rear wheel steer and the must have hydro steer.

Class 1

Adrian

Saley

Glynn

Chris

Portal Pete

Me

are there any more possibles Niel?

Who knows who else may want to join in :D

The AWDC has always been about vehicle innovation and development and we actively encourage people to push the boundaries.

The move to Class 1 for Hydro steer is a result of the confusion regarding C&U regs for PLG vehicles. To ensure our insurance is not compromised it makes sense to go down this route.

I would hope more people will move into this class once the competition begins to build - if we now have 6 cars it is a strong start and will lead to a good competition within the class as well as on the overall playing field.

Personally I would rather we down this route than start introducing regs about vehicle silhouettes, maximum tyre size, enforced MOT & Tax etc, etc...

Saley's just told me you will be in class 1 with portals and rear wheel steer and the must have hydro steer.

Class 1

Adrian

Saley

Glynn

Chris

Portal Pete

Me

are there any more possibles Niel?

Magic will be there, not telling you what he's driving!!! Plus there may be one other Gary, saying no more!!! :P

Is it only full hydro that's class 1, or does hydro-assist count? (planning ahead here)

My setup being portals w/lockers and one winch, road taxed & MOT'd I'm guessing that puts me in Class 2?

Can you have more than one winch bitch? (taking advantage of the superior CSW layout :D)

Magic as in Madgewick?? :ph34r:

Since finishing second to Edd Cobley two years ago..........

Simon Madgwick turned gay and and now likes to paint his nails whilist watching Eastenders before meeting his boyfriend down the local club........................

However, he has decided to maybe take up offroading again IF he does not have to break a nail, as false ones are uncomfortable :lol:

Adrian do you still see him as a threat..? or more as love intrest..? :lol:

Jim :)

Since finishing second to Edd Cobley two years ago..........

Simon Madgwick turned gay and and now likes to paint his nails whilist watching Eastenders before meeting his boyfriend down the local club........................

However, he has decided to maybe take up offroading again IF he does not have to break a nail, as false ones are uncomfortable :lol:

Adrian do you still see him as a threat..? or more as love intrest..? :lol:

Jim :)

Is there a little more than a bitchy jealous element to your post Jim. Perhaps you and Adrian shared more than a twin room :o:lol: Maybe we should organise a "chase me chase me" section for you guys :D

SimonR - of course you can sponsor & enter - plenty more will be!

Fridge - if your hydro assist retains a mechanical link - which I'm guessing it does or it would be full hydro - you would be Class 2

Jim - you're funny B)

Where does a conversion from coil to air suspension come?

Interested as last time I looked at the regs I was sure it said they must retain the manufacturers type.

Thanks

Richard

The class structure is simple

1 winch = Class 3

2 winch and or lockers = Class 2

No Tax, hydro steer, 4 wheel steer = Class 1

The rest of it is up to you

Is there a little more than a bitchy jealous element to your post Jim. Perhaps you and Adrian shared more than a twin room :o:lol: Maybe we should organise a "chase me chase me" section for you guys :D

Alan,

You've got it wrong, i'm the one down the pub waiting for Simon :lol:

Adrain's just not my type :lol:

Jim :D

Neil, You know where the NCGL commitment will be going next year and thats firmly behind you.

Perhaps this will become a series where all the big hitters in this little past time of ours will come out to play against one another, to sort out the men from the boys so to speak.

I just wonder where the appropriate insurance, risk assessment etc will be coming from for the Scorpion series?

I also look forward to seeing some top off road competition!

Well it sound like a good plan for next year, but us lot in Class three are going to have to work alot harder to keep up with you lads.

Never mind it's the taking part not the winning someone once told me. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, who need lockers & all the other extras!! As proven in the last round ONLY three class three vehicles finished the SS :o , & the event winner was a class three vehicle. :o:o .

Well I am now going to find a big bunker to go & hide in.........

See you all soon, maybe,

Taff - Marked man

Taff

I said at the start of the year when we brought in the roped sections that the Class 3 cars would have a much better time of it as the rear winch & lockers would be less important.

You lot have proved me right with top 10 finishes and a real battle to the end.

Full credit to you.

We are not going to start setting out just for the hydro-steer, portal axled monsters - much as we love 'em

The formula is just right - that is NOT going to change :D

To my mind the last round was spot on, with you 3 completing the stage and the Bolt's winning proved what can be done with quality drivers and teamwork.

Well it sound like a good plan for next year, but us lot in Class three are going to have to work alot harder to keep up with you lads.

Never mind it's the taking part not the winning someone once told me. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, who need lockers & all the other extras!! As proven in the last round ONLY three class three vehicles finished the SS :o , & the event winner was a class three vehicle. :o:o .

Well I am now going to find a big bunker to go & hide in.........

See you all soon, maybe,

Taff - Marked man