HOWLIN' WOLF CHALLENGE

najw

Well it sound like a good plan for next year, but us lot in Class three are going to have to work alot harder to keep up with you lads.

Well I am now going to find a big bunker to go & hide in.........

Taff - Marked man

Just move the front winch back into the middle :rolleyes: that way you can winch both ways :) Still only one winch fitted and can only pull one way at a time................. don't no why no one done it???

Oh! Taff........ yes, you are a marked man :P

No, I totally agree Neil. I did enjoy this year more than than 2006, but most of this was down to the truck & not the compertition set-up. In regards to the competetions the rope & garage systems is good & it is harder to set out (I think). So keep up the good work & count me in for next year.

Must make a start on the work as we only have three is months to go :o:o , cheers for reminding me neil.

Times ticking.

Taff

This event will never catch on... :lol:

not enough people daft enought to enter it.... its all a waste of time.

but on the other hand - - I have now got a new tent to sleep in, a comfy bed to sleep on and it gets me out of the house for a weekend or two, which is never a bad thing.

Looking forward to it now.

Are the T-shirts going to be a little more robust like the challenger boys shirts are? (such a girl, sorry)

and Why is it 3 months? March is a little further away than that, well it is on my calender anyway.

who ditched who - scorpy or AWDC?

A winch in the middle is a good idea ;) , but I do have a question over the strength of my chassis?

So any comments on this would be gratefully welcomed? The question on the strength & not Adrian's good :o idea....... :P

Taff

Which bit of the CSW layout is superior?

Fashion is cyclic - used to be shorter wheelbase was best, now everyone's stretching their trucks to 100+ for stability so I'm 9" ahead of the game already there.

Likewise the current flavour of the month - TDi Autos, I'm running a V8 manual so ahead of fashion again.

A few people seem to be going to hydraulic winches, I've got an H14W going on so only just cutting edge on that count.

I'm still waiting for people to get bored of these silly coily spring things with links and joints all over the shop and go back to simple, lightweight leaf springs that don't fall out.

You really should have a "classic" category for period restorations such as mine B)

Since finishing second to Edd Cobley two years ago..........

Simon Madgwick turned gay and and now likes to paint his nails whilist watching Eastenders before meeting his boyfriend down the local club........................

However, he has decided to maybe take up offroading again IF he does not have to break a nail, as false ones are uncomfortable :lol:

Adrian do you still see him as a threat..? or more as love intrest..? :lol:

Jim :)

Just putting on my pink overalls for you jim and painting my nails/landrover pink with Gigglepin4x4 the offroading shop for gays on the side :wub::(:moglite: .

I could not do any offroading for the last two years had to pay jims bills :(:rtfm:

Neil i will be up for it in 2008 count me in

Ive just been watching video's of the Rock Racing in the states, and loved it! Just say if ive gone nuts but what do you think to setting out faster specials, for next year? (wider gates too, dont want to slow down! :) )

We have had a few fast ish ones this year and i really liked them and im sure the spectators do too!

watch this.

Oh how I wish we had ground like that to play on. There will be a short series of fast challenge events in 2008, one will be in France I believe <_< Good sponsor and cash prize too..

Ive just been watching video's of the Rock Racing in the states, and loved it! Just say if ive gone nuts but what do you think to setting out faster specials, for next year? (wider gates too, dont want to slow down! :) )

We have had a few fast ish ones this year and i really liked them and im sure the spectators do too!

watch this.

hi chris,

i have been thinking of doing something like this, gona be doing some modifications at tong soon...

watch this.

Chris

We are allowed to include 1 timed section in the challenges due to the way they are insured & permitted.

The AWDC did use to organise time trial events but unfortunately interest faded a couple of year ago. I would be happy to look at organising a couple again if there was interest, however...

they are a speed event and would have to be run under different regs, this would mean MSA-spec cages, harnesses, helmets, MSA clubmans license (£10). I may also mean no hydro-steer but I would have to look into that.

here's a question....why are we spending a fortune on our trucks when £10,000 gets you this and should fit nicely into the top class ?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630167

Don't for get to add wheel arch's and your away............... that's what i'm building next.........or close to it! :lol:

Official series website now up and running

HERE

I hope... :rolleyes:

Not a lot new on there at the moment but I will keeping adding to it as stuff develops

We will be aiming to get pics on ASAP after each event (Simon is the new official photographer) as well as results chat etc.

Well if another, say five cars did the same, it would make the class competitive, as it is there are only 4 (not 3 as I thought) cars with hydrosteer. Maybe there are more, there certainly needs to be for me if its going to be worth entering...

Should be able to add another to the class one list by the end of 2008, photo shows how they will sit in the back of the truck were building to carry these monsters

CIMG0375.jpg