HOWLIN' WOLF CHALLENGE

najw

A quote from the New HW Website - BLOG Section

Nice touch having the website top marks :i-m_so_happy:

Its Howlin' Moon Night !

The website finally goes live and there is a wonderful full moon in the sky outside - perfect timing!

Neil, I worry about you sometimes, is there something you need to let us know about you ?

I'm wondering now if the fact you stay in the shade under trees at events has any significance ? :hysterical:

Anyway

GPS

Is this series going to have GPS waypoints for all classes or just class 1 ?

Just seeing if it would pay to have GPS jury rigged up, .....so I can find where I am going to be 'horribly stuck for most of the day / ages' easily ?

nige :huh:

GPS

Is this series going to have GPS waypoints for all classes or just class 1 ?

Just seeing if it would pay to have GPS jury rigged up, .....so I can find where I am going to be 'horribly stuck for most of the day / ages' easily ?

nige :huh:

No GPS from us - where did you pick that up from?

Just good ole aerial photos :D

Nige that is why a GPS and MM with aerial photography of the site will help, as your GPS 'map' will match the aerial photo from Neil with the punches marked on. I guess it's most help on bigger sites like 7S, especially if you don't know the site.

Nige that is why a GPS and MM with aerial photography of the site will help, as your GPS 'map' will match the aerial photo from Neil with the punches marked on. I guess it's most help on bigger sites like 7S, especially if you don't know the site.

:)

Want it anyway, but nice to know HW is "Hunt the Punch" :)

nige

Thanks for the info Neil, I see you have added "mental" tasks, or are these already included!!! I hope you are not going down the route of quizzes to find a punch or jigsaws etc... etc..

The wording hasn't changed for three years Alan.

Though to be fair we have been there, done that and moved on :D

Neil,

If you start with one car and change it half way through the comp to another car is that OK?

or do you loose your previous points from previous rounds.

Last year i started with the 88'' hibrid and changed to the Tdi 90, but stayed in the same class. Chris Ould used Si's 90 after he sold his tomcat, i cant see there being a problem. Only problem is if you change classes, as your re-start with no point's.

What he said ^^^^^

We will be adding a new Supplementary Regulation which states that a team comprises of 3 elements as declared on the Registration Form - Vehicle, Driver & Co-Driver. Only one of those three elements may change at any one round of the series.

I hope that makes sense, if anyone can think of a clearer way of wording it feel free...

so would the co-driver becoming the driver and a new co-driver being used instead be classed as a one change or two?

technically I reckon its two changes made.. but I could be wrong.. (never happened before mind :D )

just checking it out in full.

What he said ^^^^^

We will be adding a new Supplementary Regulation which states that a team comprises of 3 elements as declared on the Registration Form - Vehicle, Driver & Co-Driver. Only one of those three elements may change at any one round of the series.

I hope that makes sense, if anyone can think of a clearer way of wording it feel free...

Stop it... just stop it :angry:

so would the co-driver becoming the driver and a new co-driver being used instead be classed as a one change or two?

technically I reckon its two changes made.. but I could be wrong.. (never happened before mind :D )

just checking it out in full.

Saley's just told me you will be in class 1 with portals and rear wheel steer and the must have hydro steer.

Class 1

Adrian

Saley

Glynn

Chris

Portal Pete

Me

are there any more possibles Niel?

I may well show my face at more than 1 round next year :D

And king cj is definately up for the full season.

All in all class 1 should be very interesting.

What are you building John or has Shirley given in to the pressure :o

i am going to ask Shirley, it will be the the only time it get's dirty if he let's me have it :lol:

i offered to buy it before, but sadly i don't think he will sell it ,and if he does i think i would probably be the last to know. <_<

SimonR - of course you can sponsor & enter - plenty more will be!

Fridge - if your hydro assist retains a mechanical link - which I'm guessing it does or it would be full hydro - you would be Class 2

Jim - you're funny B)

what is the minimum requirement to sponser. may be interested too, although my business is not in 4wd would like to help as will be entering the event too.

what is the minimum requirement to sponser. may be interested too, although my business is not in 4wd would like to help as will be entering the event too.

Thank you for your kind offer, however all of the sponsorship opportunities are taken. We are limiting the number of companies involved so as to maximise their potential return on investment.

Unless of course you print t-shirts in which case we need to talk!!