Christmas Shire LRC driving day SLAB COMMON

jules

Bl**dy, Bl**dy ar$e....... won't be driving at slab tomorrow as i've had to strip down the front axle after broxhead, as when i went to leave i had no front drive........so yesterday strip down, after finding the n/s Ashcroft Cv minus it's center and the new 24spl shaft minus it's spline's :rolleyes: ...... i'll be on foot with a camera :angry: Still that's life :P

See you all there about 10ish......

Know the feeling, quicker for me to fix but not cheap

Broxhead cost me a starter, strop, and a 14mm sheared plasma :)

I'll be at slab doing something stupid :lol: but hopefully a cheaper day out as a marsghal than Broxhead :(

Nige

PS Talking about all things stupid :lol: any pics of "SS Fridge" of the Whiteline company :lol: ??

Know the feeling, quicker for me to fix but not cheap

Broxhead cost me a starter, strop, and a 14mm sheared plasma :)

I'll be at slab doing something stupid :lol: but hopefully a cheaper day out as a marsghal than Broxhead :(

Nige

PS Talking about all things stupid :lol: any pics of "SS Fridge" of the Whiteline company :lol: ??

Fridge drove into 5ft + of water today and got stuck in the middle while checking depths :lol::lol::lol:

very very funny

Fridge drove into 5ft + of water today and got stuck in the middle while checking depths :lol::lol::lol:

very very funny

Yes, I'm dry now thank you <_<

Couple of photos from the day's arsing about dilligent preparations:

Posing:

post-21-1198968298_thumb.jpg

Mike stucked:

post-21-1198968352_thumb.jpg

Rich stucked:

post-21-1198968413_thumb.jpg

I'll let others post pics of me stucked - thanks to Andy's efforts my brand new digital camera stayed above water this time :o but only just! Wallet, CB and mobile are all drying on the radiator and seat bases are in the airing cupboard :lol:

Adrian - sorry to hear that mate. The site's quite fun in RWD too you know ;) see you there anyway.

Muchos gracias to the guys for organising a great MOD site. Thanks also to those who helped un-stick my truck three times. It wasn't me driving, honest!

I've got about 40 mins worth of great video, but it may be sometime before it is posted anywhere as I need to get Mr Moglite to do a bit of jiggery-pokery with the tape...

Still a great day even though I didn't get to drive :)

Edited to add: also thanks to Ash for looking after my lost CB :)

Wow - I can almost breath easy. Its taken a bunch of work to sort the booking out of an MOD site. But judging by the reactions it was worth the effort. There seemed to be a lot of happy 4x4'ers today.

I've never seen the Shires marshalls and committee work so hard (not that they are a lazy bunch - far from it). When we added up the numbers at the end of the day and found we had 116 paying trucks - the penny dropped - we had our biggest event to date :D

Thanks to all that drove for being very well behaved, it was only really the wet sand and water that caused us issues.

Lets hope we can do it again sometime soon.

Andy

). When we added up the numbers at the end of the day and found we had 116 paying trucks - the penny dropped - we had our biggest event to date :D

Lets hope we can do it again sometime soon.

Andy

I must say that as it was my first time out with the club (on foot this time) i was surprised at how full the carpark was at the start....... next time i'll be driving, i hate walking about :angry::P

Ps...... Will, send the welcome to the shire's pack in the post mate :lol:

Picture time!

A tank in between two rusty old bits of hardware: :P

post-21-1199060309_thumb.jpg

A typical view - three stuck simultaneously (no Nige isn't stuck)

post-21-1199060356_thumb.jpg

Poorly mounted swivel recovery eye, luckily it was on the end of a plasma rope or it would've been a swivel windscreen removal eye :o

post-21-1199060431_thumb.jpg

Posing:

post-21-1199060556_thumb.jpg

It's Trev back in action!

post-21-1199060597_thumb.jpg

Trev in a gulley

post-21-1199060664_thumb.jpg

Anyone with photos from the day please e-mail them to photos@shirelrc.com for the club mag, or if you can get a CD / memory stick to me it would be much appreciated.

Really great day, nice to meet so many forumeers and friends I hadn't seen for so long.

Trashed me front wing, and the amount of water on the site was unbeleivable. Damned good turn out and the weather was decent too

I had a mate turn up so pics will be on the way fridge, but thought I'd pop this one up taken by Jon White of me Megasquirt Water proof testing again :P

During the day I had water over the bonnet and lapping the base of the windscreen glass, and water coming out of the inside of the dash through heater vents and gawd knows where :lol:. Today I shall be mainly trying to clean it all up :huh:

post-22-1199185031_thumb.jpg

Well done to all the organisers - reaaly well sorted event

Nige

A few more photos courtesy of Jen:

Trev flexing:

Jen_IMG_1293.jpg

Jen_IMG_1088.jpg

Moose in the foreground, more stucks in the background:

Jen_IMG_1270.jpg

Dan, stuck:

Jen_IMG_1151.jpg

Trying to extract Jameslwt (I think it's him anyway :unsure: )

Jen_IMG_1247.jpg

Little Dave, Will, and SimonR comparing sizes:

IMG_0056_web.jpg

Little Nay once again going for restraint and good taste:

Jen_IMG_1048.jpg

Proof that my wheel arches do exist, and do cover the tyre:

Jen_IMG_1197.jpg

Didn't expect this, and really didn't expect him to chuck it about the place with as much commitment as he did:

Jen_IMG_1115.jpg

I'm pretty sure it had protection but we all winced when he bounced past us and got the front wheels in the air crossing a rut - but he crossed it and carried on going so full marks for effort! In fact I didn't hear any mention of him getting stuck which puts him in the top 50% of those through the gate I think :lol:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I wondered where the CD went when I checked this morning! :) Didn't realise you'd been round dude - you should have looked in the garage :ph34r::blink::lol:

Cracking day, just a quick note - I drove throught that hole Dan is stuck in :D I was impressed with the Freebie, road tyres and a lightish vehicle is quite a good run about for Slab. That was the only 'stuck' we had that day.

Loved the ride in Eddie, had a giggle in the Dlander, not having a vehicle is quite fun when you can pinch lifts in everyone elses B)

While cleaning the Rangy I found the front air line to the lockers was not connected so after a quick check for sand up the air line I reconnected it in about 30 seconds swapped them round on the compressor and both lockers came back on line.

So I could have got them working on the day if I had looked a little harder :rolleyes:

Did anyone get any Vid's of the day

I take it by the feed back you all would be keen if we rebooked the site again once or twice this year ;)