Series 2 and 3

jimjim555

the seats are infact transit seats, at the time i bought it it was advertised as a series 2a and with goin by the lights in the wings it was 1969ish, i had a few people lookin at it and they seemed to think it wa series 3, the manual that can be seen in the pics is for a series 2 :(

The dashboard, the manual accelerator, the windows are from a Series 3. Maybe the gear level is from a IIA or II. The series 3 start their production in 1971, but there are models of transition. But to be honest I don't what kind of items are included in the transition models.

Only for the interior, is a series 3. But show more pictures of the exterior to conclude it better.

cosmetically, series 3. even hinges and heater are right.

for sure only way to confirm is chassis number.

on right hand front spring hanger.

tap into cal vin [can't find link-sorry]or post here [exclude last three digits]

G.

ps 1971 seres 3 can have 2a hnges.

TIL 8125

Date of Manufacture - 31-12-1983

Engine - 2286 DIESEL

VIN - SALLBAAG1AA***** (removed for forum)

CalVIN returns:

SAL Manufacturer code: Land Rover

LB Model: Series III (for early models: Stage One)

A Wheel base: 88 inch (SWB)

A Body type: 2-door: Pickup, hood cab, truck cab, or soft/hard top

G Engine type: 2.25 litre diesel (model 10J)

1 Steering and transmission: Right-hand drive (RHD), 4-speed manual (LT95, or other)

A Model year: 1979 to 1987 (All models)

A Assembly location: Solihull, UK

****** Serial number

That should be all you need - it's a 1983 Series 3 88"

As i mentioned in the 'switching off' topic that my interior is the double of a series 3! could it be a series 3? is there any key features that would identify which series i have?

I went up and looked at this truck last week and reckoned it was a series III. Didn't drive it though or look at the documents. Looking underneath it was enough for me! :o

not sure to be honest, av only had it 2 months at the most, had planned on workin on it but couldnt get a shed anywer, went to a local farmer at the weekend actually managed to get a full chicken house to start strippin it in :D , until today i was under the impression from the pervious owner it was late series 2 haha