ARB

DefcoL

Had one too many diffs fail me recently...........

So was thinking to buy the ARB and build it up myself... aRRrr but a word of caution smacked me in the head

It reminded me that is better to ask and be safe.

So how difficult is it ? :rtfm: are there any step by step threads? any links to a "HOW TO" page?

ANYone got any sound advise born of personal experiance?

surely it cant be that difficult................Can it?

Please let me know befor I bu£$er it up :moglite:

Tahanks

Defcol

D-90.com

Install is fairly simple, all you need is a dial test indicator to sort the backlash.

Make sure you use something other than loctite to hold the bolts in - a few have worked loose, mine included. You can get clever ratcheting washers that Tony Cordell was planning to get IIRC.....

D-90.com

Install is fairly simple, all you need is a dial test indicator to sort the backlash.

Make sure you use something other than loctite to hold the bolts in - a few have worked loose, mine included. You can get clever ratcheting washers that Tony Cordell was planning to get IIRC.....

When mine were fitted the bloke did it by feel. No problems in the 3yrs that I've had them fitted. Just get someone who knows what they are doing to do it for you.

I prefer to set them up by hand. I've tried using the dial gauge in the past and its hopeless.

I also always blue up the teeth and adjust according to the patterns they leave. So long as yo dont disturb the pinion shaft or pinion bearings then there is no need to adjust the shimming, which makes life alot easier. Otherwise re-shimming them correctly is a PITA.

Jon

[whisper mode] there was a thread on this just recently[/whisper]

Can't remember what the outcome was though - I paid a nice man £75 extra and he did it for me laugh.gif

Thanks bish

D-90.com

Thanks for the link.... Fairly simple did you say,,, was talking o a mate who said back lash should be set at 4mm.. dont see that as a problem.

tech archive has lots of info Lawrence

PS I have the washers it is the slightly longer bolts that are the issue at the moment

Tony

again , thanks for the link Tony....... Washers N bolts should be no prob but I understand the bearing numbers might be as this is a D1 24 spline

something about sleeves I think?

Any one know the correct ones?

There was some secondhand ones on the AWDC web page a while ago - if that any help

good idea but how do you check the condition and how easy are they to recondition?

I prefer to set them up by hand. I've tried using the dial gauge in the past and its hopeless.

I also always blue up the teeth and adjust according to the patterns they leave. So long as yo don't disturb the pinion shaft or pinion bearings then there is no need to adjust the shimming, which makes life alot easier. Otherwise re-shimming them correctly is a PITA.

Jon

mmmmm...... the Pinion is slightly scared/dented so might have to replace that.

have found supplier @ £450+ the dreaded, but I will get that back so seems a good price

Anyone know of any cheaper?

Thanks