internal beadlocks

jericho

It's been a few years since we played around with the original Tire Locks from Sweden and possibly the other brands have improved on the design, but back then neither the manufacturer nor the agent could satisfactorily explain how to fit the damn things without the risk upon inflation of the inner tube sneaking out one side of the retaining cover and chafing away within a few days..The very nature of fitting tyres to one piece well base wheel rims means that a section of the outer bead of the tyre must be pushed into the well so that the remainder of the bead can be levered or hammered over the bead lip. This puts the retaining cover off centre, and while there is a fair chance that it will centre itself when slidingup the wider more gradual taper of the inner bead seat of the rim there is no way that I could see how one could be certain that the outer side of the retaining cover went on concentrically especially when working blind. Both my mates who invested around a thousand dollars each in those beadlocks reckoned they were a massive PITA to live with whilst concurrently my el cheapo self tapping screws kept on keeping on. These blokes gave up after multiple tube failures and went over to conventional external beadlocks within about a year claiming the Tire Locks were a waste of money.

Bill.

Im stumped Bill, living off large doses of painkillers at the mo mate which could explain a bit but I dont follow :(

Im stumped Bill, living off large doses of painkillers at the mo mate which could explain a bit but I dont follow :(

Hope you'll be feeling better again soon Jez. I wrote my piece in a hurry just before leaving for work this morning and probably could have explained things with a little more clarity. Which part don't you follow ? The bit between ''It's'' and ''money'' :rolleyes: