swapping injection pumps 300tdi

Discovan300tdi

I ve managed to get another 300tdi that they were selling at work as a spare engine ,but as its out of a 1997 disco its got the EDC on rather than the accelerator cable that my other 2 300tdi's have

anyway is it just a case of swapping the injection pump over on the later engine and leaving all the other sensors for the EDc in place or will I have to blank them off

any advice greatly received

yep - as far as I know it's an easy swap, I might be interested in the EDC pump if it's the right price!

A couple of members on here have converted their edc discos to non edc by purchasing the injection pump and throttle cable,

I'm sure they'll be along soon or you might be able to find enough info by having a quick search.

Raceface120 is one member who has removed the EDC

Hi chaps,

I changed my EDC pump for the mechanical one while it was being repaired. The same cable still fits, I think its the kick down cable on my auto.

The problems i had was that the air-con & cruise control didn`t work. May not be a problem to you though.

Simes