Fog Light Drivers

MRWOO

I think the thing that really winds me up the most is the 4 lane carridgeways around the M25, the middle lane hoggers haven't agreed which lane they should block so decide to space themselves out in 2-3 @55mph for good measure. that way the can tiddle me off when I'm stuck with the trailer on the back, or when i've got the company car doing "motorway" speeds arrgghghg :angry2: .

Has anyone noticed to, the second it starts to rain and the foglight drivers come out, they automatically swap to the middle lane and slow to 50?

I was reminded last night of another pet hate on the road; people who fit their satnav in the middle of the windscreen such that it must impair visibility - you know, in that space just below the centre mirror. Saw one last night so bright it must have been a terrible distraction to the driver, it was bright for me as I overtook. Thinking back, that may explain why she was all over the roundabout just before I overtook her.

Chris

I was reminded last night of another pet hate on the road; people who fit their satnav in the middle of the windscreen such that it must impair visibility - you know, in that space just below the centre mirror. Saw one last night so bright it must have been a terrible distraction to the driver, it was bright for me as I overtook. Thinking back, that may explain why she was all over the roundabout just before I overtook her.

Chris

Yeah - I've tried mine near the mirror, at the bottom of the screen and to the right of the screen, and settled on the latter. You can select night or day colours which makes a big difference. A problem I have found is that it distracts me away from the mirror which is why I tried it near the mirror, I'll just have to pay more attention until I get used to it!

All f******g pillocks in my book, it rains on go the stupid red rear lights, a bit of mist when you can see 1/2 mile on go the stupid red lights, one day I shall drive right into the back of someone with them on and claim I was blinded by them and lost all spacial awareness !!!!!!

Middle lane hoggers that's another especially when towing, the prat in a black Citroen C4 with a Glasgow number plate still didn't understand why I let rip with headlights at him, nothing in the inside lane for miles but he is in the middle lane just managing about 60mph and I am doing 70 with Ifor and Rangie on the back, a quick trip into the outside lane and a quick return saw him scuttle in then proceed to try and box me behind the next truck with lots of gesticulation. A 110 is a bit bigger my friend and you can go into the outside lane legally !!!! Best I ever saw was a truck almost put a car under the trailer when he pulled back in !!!!

Years ago the Cumbrian Police used to stop them and remind them of the "rule of the road" travel on the left and overtake on the right, "there is no Fast Lane" it's overtaking lane 1 and overtaking lane 2 !!!!! Nowadays it's just get the safety camera's up onthe next bridge !!

Have the regulations changed recently? I was under the impression trailers were NOT allowed in lane 3 :(

Have the regulations changed recently? I was under the impression trailers were NOT allowed in lane 3 :(

Of course they are. They are just not allowed in the outside lane of a 3 or more lane motorway. So, for example, on the SW section of the M25 you can use lane 3... most of the time you will make better progress in lane 1 though, but that is a commercial driver's secret. :P

Chris

Chris

The same people also must forget where they live if they have to use the sat nav every day :rolleyes:

In my (pre Land Rover) 4*4 with a certain combination of switches I used to be able to "flash" ~600w

Even the thickest of drivers managed to notice that :D

Of course they are. They are just not allowed in the outside lane of a 3 or more lane motorway. So, for example, on the SW section of the M25 you can use lane 3... most of the time you will make better progress in lane 1 though, but that is a commercial driver's secret.

Chris

OK Mr Picky, MOST motorways are 3 lane and as such the third lane is out of bounds, if it was a 6 lane motorway then lane 5 is quite acceptable.

Reminds me of a conversation with a truck driver who did a lot of rural deliveries with a rather large low-loader, not the sort of thing that's fun to reverse up a country lane. He said people would just stop in the middle of the lane and wait, expecting him to back up. They changed their mind when he waved his kettle at them and put his feet up on the wheel and started reading the newspaper :lol:

Waving the keys at the and then putting them on the roof is another one that they seem to acknowledge!! You learn these things when doing lots of deliveries round the Kentish countryside.

And to top it off, once they have reversed, jump out of the cab and utilise the facilities that the front n/s wheelarch has to offer!! That really gets them steaming at the collar!!