Welcome

geoffbeaumont

Good morning - thanks to Trevor for emailing us and pointing the way to the new forum.

I havn't had much opportunity to play with the viewing settings yet, but can't see any threading options. Does this forum software not support thread views ?

STEVE

Morning all.

Just like to add my thanks to all who put this together.

I also agree about the "office friendly" colour scheme. From a distance

it looks just like MS Word..

When the dust has settled it would be interesting to know what really

went on with LRE. From a laymans perpective, not getting 100% behind

this very active forum filled with prospective customers seems to be a

huge own goal on their part.

Martin

Guest diesel_jim

Morning ladies and gentlebodies!

Finally got myself in here (I'm offline at home at the moment until i get my boradband sorted so had to wait until monday morning to get into work!)

Hats off to the staff for building this site, :wub:

When the dust has settled it would be interesting to know what really

went on with LRE. From a laymans perpective, not getting 100% behind

this very active forum filled with prospective customers seems to be a

huge own goal on their part.

Martin

I guess that they were finding it difficult to compete with the competition that the forum generated and felt that the "potential customer" was having his eyes opened by the discussions and buying elsewhere. If running a forum is expensive then the cost/reward approach may be justified but if it is not expensive then surely any income generated by the forum is better than none let alone a negative attitude now held by some of the now ex-potential customers who now hold a grudge and will vote with their money.

When some one belittles their competition I generally move on - "sell your advantages - don't present your competition's disadvantages"

Old Chinese proverb says "When little man makes long shadow end of his day is nigh"

Adam

Cool! Finally made it here... good to see you all! B)

Noticed that the LRE forum is still there, but without the LRE banner... didn't somebody said it was going off line?

One feature I miss is being able to display all posts rather than page at a time. Can this be added? Nice format tho. I once saw a website that had a BIG link on the side saying "My boss is coming", click on it and it displayed a "business looking" chart type thing... groovy idea! :D

Good afternoon all.

I used to be JSG on the LRE forum so I'm keping things simple and will be JSG on here.

I'm very intellegent and handsome and own 2 Range Rovers and a Series IIA hybrid. :)

That's my one and only sensible post out of the way then Les. :D

Hi all,

Just got back from a fortnights holiday and amongst the 1400 or so unread messages on LRE I found the link to here so thought I'd better check in :)

Can I also add my thanks to those who have set this site up.

When the Lre forums finally disappear then I'll give you the information you require, but we still have to tread carefully for a couple of months. You'll all be able to vent your anger on here eventually - promise.

Before then it might cause more trouble for us and ruin some plans.

Les

It's a shame in a way that we had to move away from the old forum, but in the end I'm sure there was no choice. The management at the old place were responsible for causing conflict between mods and administration.

Well done everyone for creating a new and work friendly place for us! :rolleyes:

Let's hope we can all be happier here!