What Are You Up To This Weekend ?

Les Brock

Saturday: mowed lawns, washed cars (not LR), sorted out all the kit in the back of the 90 and fabricated a battery cage / restraint system for Tony's B'day challenge, found somewhere to put a new inner tube in the LR spare, went to a party and drank a pleasurable quantity of Black Rat cider :D

Sunday: Sat & read the paper in the garden, went for a pleasant wander in t'countryside and did a short (20miler) on my bike as my knee is playing up again :angry:

Nice Pikey wagon Tony; nice of you to think of us staying over at your b'day bash, but I'm sure we could have ruffed it in a tent for at least one night :P

Long weekend for me, as I took Friday off work.

Friday saw the front axle back in Moglite, with all the 4-link stuff done.

In between spending time with the kids etc. I made the mounts for MogLite's rear 4-link

Didn't exactly rush, but there is about 4-5 hours work in those - just to wind up Nige, but alas only a combination of 5mm + 6mm plate.

They'll go on the inside of the chassis rails, so you'll never get to see the quality again :P

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

They are not /exactly/ the same, as one is clearanced for the auto box

I'll be using trailing arm bushes on the inside and outside to keep as much of it simple and Land Rover as possible.

this weekend, I mostly been spending..... swapping a V8 for a 200TDi in Perv's truck

DSCF1380.jpg

They got on with all the grubby stuff

DSCF1377.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

And I just did all the electrics involved with the change

DSCF1387.jpg

Fired up yesterday with only the niff naff to be finished by Perv :P

Friday the 5th back to the garage,showed the guy the ARB instructions and he said "You're right,will do that way when back from holiday"...well...

:rolleyes:

Modified my winch bumper to house the 8274-50

B)

Sat the 6th:painted the bumper the cheap way (spray can)so it doesn't reflect sunlight in the eyes of policemen...better to keep a low profile...

:ph34r:

Mated winch with bumper and fitted to the Cube.

White/red RR springs seem to be up to the job...

Took pics.

Next weekend I'm going to:

sort the wiring out (thanks to Ralph for the Albrights diagram!)

test the winch (...)

finish my alu dash to house "in-cab" winch & lockers controls

:)

More cleanup work to put some order...

Used the 110 to get me to and from the Vintage Sports Car Club Hillclimb at Prescott. Not really exciting from a LR point of view but interesting enough if you like 27 litre Napier Lion engined Bentleys . ( it did 4 runs and left 8 distinct black lines for about 80ft from the start line and lots of tyre smoke :) )

Roger W

Guest weeble
yes so I believe.

going soft in his old age  :D

Ah. But you don`t know whats around the corner Mr Cordell. Watch this space and see!!!!.

I also had a long weekend ...................spent Friday afternoon trying to watch some cricket in a hospitality tent at local park but drinking lots of red and white wine + beer for good measure and playing spoof ............lost. Spent Saturday nursing a hangover and re-wiring 2 electric fans with relays and failing to understand how the relays work also a trip to local scrap yard picked up a large exhaust for coverting my disco 200tdi 90 mainfold. BBQ Saturday night .................not to much to drink. Nice game of tennis Sunday morning more beer at lunchtime finished off wiring for fans Sunday afternoon after speaking to a sparkie and understanding relays tried to watch top gear Sunday night .................but fell asleep .........................good weekend really

Steve

Bloody Hell!!!! What a week. Crank finaly changed. Never been that deep into an engine before. Done a few top end jobs on a V8 but nothing on a diesel.

Daily Diary

Monday Drove to Minehead, got there about 1600hrs, quick cup of tea and engine out and stripped. Finished 2245hrs. :)

Tues Spent all day cleaning the bits I'd stripped off. Dave (bro in law) came back from work and put crank in with me hindering as much as I could and generaly getting in the way. Gasket ordered that goes between block and flywheel housing. Finished at 2100hrs ish.

Wed Got new gasket fitted everything else to block ready to go in. Rest of day doing little jobs like tidying up the wiring loom. Fitted engine. Wouldn't start :( . Need new lift pump and I fried the oil pressure switch :angry:

Thurs Fitted new pressure switch. Bloody £11 wot a con. Fitted new lift pump engine fired up. Got underneath to bleed clutch. BUGGER :angry::angry: I buggered up the rear crank seal putting it in and oil was pouring out the bellhousing. 1600hrs engine lift began, 2145 engine refitted with new seal clutch bled and a moving motor again.

Fri Cleaned workshop up for Dave and drove back to Kent for a peaceful weekend. Back to work next Monday so a few more jobs yet to be completed. On the way back managed to fry my electrics, needing a bodge on the roarside to get going again. The chequerplate at the rear of my tub decided that today was the day to vibrate loose, just as the noise got loud I looked in the mirror to see the rear wheelarch flapping where it was ripped by the the plate whizzing off and flying across 2 lanes of the M26. Luckily no-one was close behind me when it all let go Thank god.

Other than that it has been a quiet week of my holiday. The next jobs are to fit my new tub cos mine is goosed and fit the Husky to the rear that has been sat in my shed for a month now. Fit my new spotlights to the rear of the cage, fit CB antenna and plumb in.

Thanks to Dave, who no doubt will be along shortly to take the p*ss who gave up going to the pub on 2 nights to help me out. Tony sorry didn't get to come out to meet you but will try to get to your bash at the end of the month if that is OK.