S1 Headlight conversion

DEANO3528

I know Simmonites do a 200 to 300 headlight conversion but it's not cheap at £250.

So I'd like to know if anyone has gathered together the relevant bits and done it themselves as that's what I want to do. Really fed up with the poor light from the Sherpa ones.

TIA

Right enuff.

The 300's are far better than the Sherpa ones and it seems according to one of the mags that you can fit TD5 to 300 spec. So it follows logically that while a change to 300 is available for the 200 then you must ultimately be able to fit TD5 to a 200!

When I said D2 I was meaning the "early" D2 headlights 99-02MY not the 03MY> four eyed ones. The early ones are, AFAIK, the same shape and fitting as the 300Tdi ones (ie a straight swap for those) they just look nicer IMHO :)

I don't like the new four eyed headlights at all.

If you need some photos of how the S2 ones in mine fit in/fix on I could do some if reqd.

Yep they are the ones, not ol' four eyes.

It seems to me that there can't be a large physical difference between 200 and 300 so I'm really intrigued to know what people are actually paying Simmo's for?

Plus I'm a tightwad and want to do it myself.

Some pics would be good ta.