Where do you store yours !!!

TJ101

Well, where do you have it stored ??

Trying to think if there is a better way to store the spare on the hybrid,, using her for the lanes with 255 BFG's(a little less conspicuous than the orange Bobtail hence the poss switch back to a defender type) as well as challenge type events 35" Simex, for the lanes will also need a rear seat fitted

thinking possibility about a rear swingaway, for lanes, and then storing in the rear, lashes on it edge to one side??

Just interested how other have sorted it out ??

Hi Tim

Jon used to use a swingway carrier, you may have noticed holes in swiss cheese rear tailgate! ;) , but then took it off as when he had the Simex on it would affect rear departure angle. When I bought it he stored on side ratchet strapped up against roll hoop.

I moved it to bottom of the tub to drop centre of gravity and also to improve visibility when on events with bikini top on. Also it is more securely held in by straps there. You'll notice that the waffle holder is taller than the waffles. This is to allow for the difference in widths of the BFG's and Simex.

A good solution could be swingway for BFG's and laning, allowing you to fit seats and leave plenty of room inside tub, and then when using Simex you could put it on floor of tub.

Cheers

Steve

well that's more or less what i have sorted,

Run a carrier for the lanes, with the BFG, and side/floor mount the simex for events, will try on the l/h side for 7S,,

Have moved the Waffle over a little to the left, as that also holds the simex there, and the locker box then sits square on the floor !!

i gave up with swing away wheel holders on the back. too much effort, and alot of metal left there when the wheel is not on it.

Southdown do them though (or used to)

Mines mounted flat, vertical to the rear of the bulkhead on the cage.

for side mounting wouldn't behind the driver a better option rather than LHS? ltd vision directly behind anyway, plus window to look out of on drivers side if needed.

for side mounting wouldn't behind the driver a better option rather than LHS? ltd vision directly behind anyway, plus window to look out of on drivers side if needed.

Very true,, can someone please think of why the l/hand side would be better :unsure::blink: make me feel better, and save moving the seat i have just fitted to the r.h side, (which was a pain to put in with the farty upright brakets) knickers !!! :(

Very true,, can someone please think of why the l/hand side would be better :unsure::blink: make me feel better :(

So you can casually glance over your shoulder and stare seductively at the attractive hulk of rubber in the back of your truck :blink:

:lol:

Well Chris (GBMUD) has his that side, why not ask him for his reasoning?

Thinking of doing something similar myself, as keep clouting & bending the rear wheel carrier, just don't want to lose too much space in the back as I still need to get a few MTB's in from time to time.

Or just take it out when competing and gnd dump it, thats what i do with mine although you needs to be careful with some events..... i would want it there when i got back at the end.

If i get a puncture when competing then Dan can always run off and get the spare, bit of phys would be good for him. ( i would let him roll it back rather than carry it above his head to speed things up though.) i would prob have loosened one or two wheel nuts by the time he got back as well.

Behind the driver:

Its in the blind spot you cant see anyway

Doesnt obscure much need vision over near side

Mirrors and/or head out window appraoch means you can see off side.

some rear protecting should anything break and be flying through the air (but ltd.)

Looks better

Fits better

Most people seem to have theirs there (or mounted flat in the load tray)

Behind passenger:

leaves space for your lunch behind you.

As Mark says you can see its still there.

Safer to get to and lift off if changing the wheel on a busy road.

Ok running out of ideas now...........

Tim,

I've had a rear carrier and bent it to B***ery :lol: and there bluddy heavy :unsure: more weight hanging off the back

Had it behind the drivers side to much imbalance/weight to the one side

Had it the passenger side cab't see nuffink :lol::blink:

Wont fit in the rear bed 88 inch, cage and Husky in the way :rolleyes:

its now sat upright tight to the cage...best solution for me, I can still see the rear winch spooling on, its in the centre of the truck side to side and almost front to rear, so best for balance :)

Still usable low down storage space, never happy leaving a Mach 5 and Simex and expecting it to be gone when you need it.....as I always drive to and from so thats a no go ! :o

HTH

Edited by Les Brock

Just an idea, may not necessarily work, but i think it was the bath tub that had a rear wheel carrier that was able to rotate/flip, so the wheel could pivot to allow rear access to the tow hitch, if it was able to pivot then when departure angle is needed to such a degree it could pivot with the top of the tyre moving into the load bay, however this will not help for reversing into banks or trees etc, so may not work so well. So there for it is easier to just keep it in the load bay.

Or how about: Not getting punctures to begin with :P

or mounting it on the bonnet :lol:

This is probably of no use to anyone but i was board so sorry for the waffling

Jon

Hmm brave try, don't think anyone has done this yet. Having takn a look at it I'd suggest browsing the gallery (possibly in a second browser window) and then right clicking on the relevent image, select properties and copy the url (ending in .jpg or .gif). Then past this url between your image tags.

Having said all that I guess I should try it so here goes....

med_gallery_14_6_525245.jpg

Edited to add: I linked the above to http://forums.lr4x4.com/uploads/1131991407...14_6_525245.jpg but still had difficulty submitting my post until I'd removed your own text which I'd quoted, not sure why but it can be made to work.

Edited by LR90

Jon

With the pictures we have seen of your motor I think you may be best off mounting it on the chassis ……………… it would be easier for you to get at :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ian

Hi Ian,, who's Jon,, the owner previous to the previous ??? tryinh you make sence of you post,, or am i missing something :unsure:

Trev,,, yep it does work ok,, as you say,, copy the img properties, the click the insert img button, which wrapes the address of the pic like this (fingers crosses)

gallery_14_6_525245.jpg

Or just take it out when competing and gnd dump it, thats what i do with mine although you needs to be careful with some events..... i would want it there when i got back at the end.

If i get a puncture when competing then Dan can always run off and get the spare, bit of phys would be good for him. ( i would let him roll it back rather than carry it above his head to speed things up though.) i would prob have loosened one or two wheel nuts by the time he got back as well.

Careful James, if I rolled it, it might get muddy which I guess would mean I would have to finish the job to avoid you getting dirty finger nails.

Dan