20 Jan 08 Bampton

JST

i think Tim knows me a bit better than that, even if i was thinking of offering the fact that puggy often comes along would be enough of a reason not to set a precedent! i'd have to remortgage!

He's a growing lad James, with a healthy appetite !

Mo

i think Tim knows me a bit better than that, even if i was thinking of offering the fact that puggy often comes along would be enough of a reason not to set a precedent! i'd have to remortgage!

Best make that a double remortgage... I may be feeling a little hungry myself!! :D

Finished fettling Ians truck today! Still no seat box in mine!!- I seem to have found lots of things to do- whilst i am at it!

Shrek

What a top day out! :D

We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and Ian was very pleased with how his truck performed... until he broke it (although apparently it is my fault as I told him which way to go??!)... however the welded up steering track rod got us home with no problems... A very grateful thank you needs to be passed on to Richard (the land owner) for the use of his workshop and welding skills (Although his 9" grinder needs to be seen to be believed- one scary piece of kit that health and safety would have a fit about!)

James was also most abusive helpful throughout the repair process... taking a number of photos that will hopefully appear here very soon and then be transferred to the tech archive titled "How to repair a snapped steering rod when you are laid on your back in 6 inches of mud and it also happens to be dark!" Thanks also to Tim for his assistance!

Very enjoyable day and excellent to meet some more people from the forum- thank you all for your help and advice!

Hope everyone else also made it home in one piece!

Shrek

Yep, agreed a top day out,, was a nice change to be chauffeured round for the day, Thanks Jos, and i did not get wet, till i had to get out !! :rolleyes:

Glad you made it back OK Shrek,, not a nice place to have to carry out repairs,,, see Jos made it as well !!

Still waiting for Bert and Dan to get back but spoke to them a while ago and they said they had a good time.

Just finished the 8th jigsaw of the day, been to watch Dick Whittington and now full if ice cream, pop corn and pop. We had the grandkids for the weekend.

Yep, agreed a top day out,, was a nice change to be chauffeured round for the day, Thanks Jos, and i did not get wet, till i had to get out !! :rolleyes:

Glad you made it back OK Shrek,, not a nice place to have to carry out repairs,,, see Jos made it as well !!

Great day out - thanks to everyone, especially James for organising it & Tim for the on board tuition (although I suspect it was only so he didn't have to get out and bitch...). Glad Shrek & Ian got it fixed. Look forward to seeing some pics too!

hi glad to hear you had a good day out it's a good site

even when you bump into women on horses(the wife)She was impressed by the land rovers you had out!

Tim.. yep, 4 horses did pass us,,with a smile :) , ?? just before lunch,, am guessing your local then ??

Simon, do you think the type of guard it was running could of help cause the original breakage? ie the sleeved bit held the bar stopping it flex a little and the TRE pivoted at the end of the guard?

on another note can you fwd the pics etc to Ian, my email was just bounced back from him.

more pics on my website.

Simon, do you think the type of guard it was running could of help cause the original breakage? ie the sleeved bit held the bar stopping it flex a little and the TRE pivoted at the end of the guard?

on another note can you fwd the pics etc to Ian, my email was just bounced back from him.

more pics on my website.

I don't think the guard was exactly helping the situation- and I still have no idea why it had weld on the tube in the first place (even more confused as to how it passed an MOT like it- altough to be fair I had not even spotted it before)

The guard was a home made job that was on the truck when he bought it. It is now scrap in any case as I think it was that that Ian grounded on stopping him getting up the muddy rutted hill... It was acting as a bulldozer blade and hung down about 2 or 3 inches from the bottom of the axle...

Photos forwarded- thanks for sorting the truck cab as well- I think Ian has rung him.

Shrek