20 Jan 08 Bampton

JST

I don't think the guard was exactly helping the situation-... It was acting as a bulldozer blade and hung down about 2 or 3 inches from the bottom of the axle...

oh i thought that was the winch : it was moving about as fast as the cable

Two more good reasons for Ian to have gone on one of James' drive round days...

1. When you break something it is a damn good excuse to go out and buy a nice new shiny uprated part- In the bin goes a field repaired steering track rod- and on goes a QT services one (along with two new OEM track rod ends) It is also nice to find that the one we repaired was only 3/4 of a turn from being exactly the right length tracking wise!

2. You only have to mention a part you have been looking out for for ages, someone (thanks james!) knows exactly where one is, and within a week you have bought it, collected and fitted it!- Ians truck now sporting a truck cab! (Jos are you still interested in the old hardtop and rear door?)- He is just after a tail gate now!

Not to mention the top day out and the massive learning curve!!

Shrek

In the bin goes a field repaired steering track rod- and on goes a QT services one (along with two new OEM track rod ends) It is also nice to find that the one we repaired was only 3/4 of a turn from being exactly the right length tracking wise!

Shrek

Shrek,, if it was me, i would keep hold of Richards welded pride and joy,,you never know

it has been know to bend QT rods,, !! or at least i have !

Shrek,, if it was me, i would keep hold of Richards welded pride and joy,,you never know

it has been know to bend QT rods,, !! or at least i have !

:lol::lol:

Tim. Youve joined the bent QT track rod club as well then!!

I thought Mr Radford was the only member!!! :lol::lol:

That is true,, but was not a QT one then :( ,, tis now :)

Shrek.. hopefully Ian fitted the pair ?? :unsure:

Just the rear one at the moment- will be convincing him that the drag link needs doing as well!

I believe he is looking at doing the one of the easier style punch challenges later in the year... another one with the bug!

Shrek

first easy style is 23rd Feb - bampton................................................

Yer,, right,, not what i heard !!

Shrek, don't listen to him,,, daughter wants to have a go, at one of the !easy? ones :rolleyes:

Daily Driver Challenge 29th March Wellington