switches

WESTENDER

i dont have a owners handbook with my 2000 w reg truck it has the two litre diesel and some switches that i dont recognise, :huh: situated top right on the console one has a "snowflake " the other has a broken circle, can anyone tell me what they control before i break something? :(

The hill descent switch on the gear stick,should it have to be held over? and should i get a warning light? :( havent had occassion to use this function yet

where is a good place to get a hand book? there is a Bearmach outlet a couple of miles away from me,

do they do such things?

any help appreciated

Hi,

If you mean the switches on the centre console, then the Snowflake switch is for Air con, and the broken circle is to recirculate air around the cabin rather than take air in from outside.... My 51 TD4 came without a manual too, but I picke one up on EBay for £7, which also has all the info you need for using the hill decent control. Basically, the HDC has two lights, a green "On" light when the switch is engaged, and an amber light if something is wrong!

Steve

i dont have a owners handbook with my 2000 w reg truck it has the two litre diesel and some switches that i dont recognise, :huh: situated top right on the console one has a "snowflake " the other has a broken circle, can anyone tell me what they control before i break something? :(

The hill descent switch on the gear stick,should it have to be held over? and should i get a warning light? :( havent had occassion to use this function yet

where is a good place to get a hand book? there is a Bearmach outlet a couple of miles away from me,

do they do such things?

any help appreciated

As as been said the HDC lights green and amber. It only works in 1st and reverse. If you have it engaged and drive in second gear it will go orange and flash to let you know it's engaged. It is automatic so it turns itself off if it's not in the correct gear. When you engage the correct gear it goes green again.

• 2 weeks later...