The bit of a Td5 that goes "Whirrrr"

GBMUD

I am planning an oil change on the Td5 this morning and I have bought the bit that goes "whirrr" and cleans the oil by means of a cyclone. Never having seen one before, any tips on changing it? Is it straight forward? Any problems I might encounter? I am assuming it resides in the cylindrical housing on the LHS of the engine near the regular oil filter? What are thoughts on filter changing intervals - should they be done together (cyclonic and spin-on), every other change??? How much oil will I expect to put in after?

Thanks

Chris

yep LHS of engine between block and turbo, large metal cover with 3(?) bolts holding it on. if its like mine one bolt will be oversized where someone overtightend them on refitting ands stripped the ali thread in the housing.

i change the cyclone one every 6k on mine and the std on every 12k, i think its meant to be 12 and 36k respectively.

Thanks guys. Just in the nick of time there Steve, I have put in 4l and was just wondering how much more to add. :)

As to the grade of the oil, not sure what I am putting in - it came in a black drum from a friend's :P acquaintance's 205l drum. I know it is synthetic though and he knows TD5s so I guess the grade is about right.

I will do a mini-tech item later on changing the bit that goes "whirrr". :)

Cheers

Chris

Thanks guys. Just in the nick of time there Steve, I have put in 4l and was just wondering how much more to add. :)

it came in a black drum from a friend's acquaintance's

Cheers

Chris

thats not too nice or called for...

As to the grade of the oil, not sure what I am putting in - it came in a black drum from a friend's :P acquaintance's 205l drum. I know it is synthetic though and he knows TD5s so I guess the grade is about right.

Cheers

Chris

Chris,, you've not used the black tub have you !!!! opps