Heater fan stopped working

T1G UP

:(

The 1st speed stopped last weekend.Now the 2nd speed has stopped.What do i check,replace look for please.

Failure of slow usually means resistor, but should still work on fast ( its bypasssed altogether on fast).. so check fuse, check volts at switch and motor end, and if they are ok, I suspect the motor is duff

ohhhh POOP! just what i need before the weekend!

Borrowed the old mans car this morning as i was going to collect a RR from Farnborough.Now waiting fo audi to collect said car an fit a new rear screen!!!! Stone off a lorry straight through the back window :( £75 excess :(:(:( Not able to collect RR :(:(:(:(:(:(

Early finish for me today.........the pubs nice and warm.

You don't say what or how old your defender is but I had a similar problem that was resolved by cleaning the crud out from under the wing (where the intake vent is) freeing the fan and then spraying it all with WD40

It might be something as simple as that :)

I have a similar problem buts its intermitent between altogether duff and fast although slow never works. Where did you clean all the muck out from?? access via the tope of wing or under the wing through bonnet?

The fan wasn't blocked up etc.Fuse had blown.So it works flat out now but still not on 1st speed.Wheres the resistor for the 1st speed?

Its in the casing of the blower duct, I suspect if its blown the fuse, the motor is partially siezed and overheating hence blowing the fuse. Either the resistor is burnt out, or the motor is too stiff to run on the lower voltage of the slow speed.... Motor can be stripped and rebuilt its almost identical to the wiper motor, but you will have to take the entire heater box out to get at it.

Oh Great LR4X4 Gurus, for Lo in this season of good cheer you have saved my festive bacon again :lol: My 200 tdi 110 hard top rust bucket heater fan blew a fuse. I swapped the fuse and it blew again. I checked the fan for crud and discovered no crud but a sticky and slow bearing. In accord with advice from this very forum, I sprayed some lube down and tried again. To my enormous disappointment the fan turned but only very slowly... Bum thinks I. That means I've to take the whole heater unit out this weekend and fix it. Then I got in Landy and drove up bumpy track. Lo! For the Landy works in mysterious ways and the bumps freed the motor, the lube fixed the fan and the heater works. Hurrah. Another victory for the glories of Land Rover engineering as practiced in the world of make do and mend! :P

Oh Great LR4X4 Gurus, for Lo in this season of good cheer you have saved my festive bacon again :lol: My 200 tdi 110 hard top rust bucket heater fan blew a fuse. I swapped the fuse and it blew again. I checked the fan for crud and discovered no crud but a sticky and slow bearing. In accord with advice from this very forum, I sprayed some lube down and tried again. To my enormous disappointment the fan turned but only very slowly... Bum thinks I. That means I've to take the whole heater unit out this weekend and fix it. Then I got in Landy and drove up bumpy track. Lo! For the Landy works in mysterious ways and the bumps freed the motor, the lube fixed the fan and the heater works. Hurrah. Another victory for the glories of Land Rover engineering as practiced in the world of make do and mend! :P

Mine fixes its self too!!!

My interior light didn't work for over a year until i went down a bumpy track and hey presto! :D

Good result for christmas eh! :D