Ot: Ford Export Sales

BogMonster

Does anybody know if there is a Ford "export" agency that do the sort of thing for Fords that the likes of Conrico do for Land Rover i.e. sell them to parts of the world where there is no dealership network and preferably at a knock down price?

I have been asked at work to get some quotes for some Ford Transits for the company fleet but I can't immediately locate any such organisation from Googling, just wondered if anybody knows of one?

TIA

Stephen - can you be specific about the parts that you need ? I think you will find that you can get most parts from "no name" manufacturers that make the same parts for Ford and many other companies. For instance the drive shaft UJs on a ford transit and a LR defender are one and the same and can be obtained from several different manufacturers.

Adam

Stephen - can you be specific about the parts that you need ?

Hi Adam

I think Stephen needs whole Transits.

BTW, just an aside in this weeks autocar, they imported a Ford Mustang direct from US by using a shipping agent and a company to get through SVA test. Import duty was 10% plus VAT.

Is it worth getting trucks from US, as they are so much cheaper?? Can't see that left hand drive can be too much of a problem there.

Cheers

Steve

Steve

Nah we've got a Transitovery already.... a lovely gold one (the poster formerly known as RedIbex's favourite colour :P ) :D

You're right, I want whole vans not bits :)

Found a link to "LFPV" a LR/Ford operation that send stuff to places like Iraq, they might be nice n' cheap, anybody got any other suggestions?

Does anybody know if there is a Ford "export" agency that do the sort of thing for Fords that the likes of Conrico do for Land Rover i.e. sell them to parts of the world where there is no dealership network and preferably at a knock down price?

I have been asked at work to get some quotes for some Ford Transits for the company fleet but I can't immediately locate any such organisation from Googling, just wondered if anybody knows of one?

TIA

Don't know but can see the transit factory from my study window if that helps :D

I think you will have to start with the UK I'm afraid. Sales will be restricted by specifications requirements and it is a reasonable guess that Sales to the Falklands would fall under the UK, given the islands dependent status. It may not make sense in many ways, but these sorts of things generally get decided by the Law Dept and their thinking will be legal status of the territory/jurisdiction. Alternatively, if there are no clear vehicle specifications issues, you should look at the easiest place to get them shipped from which would probably be amongst your Spanish speaking mainland bretheren - also cheaper if available. Other sensitivities and issues apply there however....

I think you need "Tax Free Sales" so I have just pinched this from the www.ford.co.uk web site

"Tax Free / Tax Paid Helpline

Ford has a dedicated Tax Free/Tax Paid helpline to assist you and the Ford dealer network with all HM Customs and Excise exemption programmes, including assistance with the completion of forms, vehicle suitability and availability, together with detail of your local dealership.

The helpline is available for you to call during the hours of 8.30am to 5pm (UK time) Monday to Friday on 0044 (0) 1932 335113.

Information on the current Ford range* can be found on this site or please contact our dedicated Tax Free/Paid Helpline on the number above. Ford Tax Free/Tax Paid Sales, Ford Business Centre, Wintersells Road, Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 7LF."

If you get no joy, I'll bend some ears in the retail trade.

--

Jeremy Edwards

1989 110 2.5TD CSW - Large green member of the family

Melton Mowbray, England

Thanks Jeremy

I have a couple of quotes coming from export places I found since posting, will also follow up your info

RPR, no problems expected as we are no longer "dependent" this changed back in 1999 but UK regs on vehicles don't apply here anyway (hence my 2004 Tdi B) )

It will be coming from the UK though, we are RHD here and in any case I'd ride to work on a sharp poisoned spike before I'd buy anything from the ******* ******** just across the water!