Alternator Suppressor

geoffbeaumont

Yes, I know they're just capacitors, but I'd rather get one that's neatly packaged up and rugged enough to survive under the bonnet of a Land Rover...

I'd have thought they'd be easy to get hold of, but no one seems to stock them. Local motor factors said they used to but don't keep them any more, can't find any online...

Anyone have a part number?

Geoff,

Halfords................ but look in the ICE fitting accessories amongst the ISO plugs..................

Why do you need one ? ................ do you have alternator whine or alternator hash noise on the radio ?

These suppressors will not cure alternator whine ..................... that is best cured by fitting an inline choke on the radio feed........

:)

Ian

Geoff,

Halfords................ but look in the ICE fitting accessories amongst the ISO plugs..................

Why do you need one ? ................ do you have alternator whine or alternator hash noise on the radio ?

These suppressors will not cure alternator whine ..................... that is best cured by fitting an inline choke on the radio feed........

Hmm, might not be anything wrong with the current one then...

I've got alternator whine, but only on the auxiliary input - the radio and tape player are fine, so I doubt it's the power supply that's the problem. I might try making up a sheilded phono lead instead then.

• 6 months later...
None listed in EPC for a 300Tdi alternator, the 200Tdi alternator has 1 x RTC6114 attached to it as a option.

Optional - it would be wouldn't it? :(

I shall attempt to locate one and hope it reduces the noise to my hf radio...