What are you doing over Xmas?

Les Henson

unfortunatly i will be still recovering from having my appendix removed week and a half before bloody christmas which means i will have to pretend to be happy, and smiley while everyone opens presents when i could be doing other productive things. Oh well was meant to be working nights form the 21st-27th

I will finally be fitting replacement doors on the CSW so I can go and fail my NCT again!

Sister has bought a new 110. haven't even got it home yet and there's a to-do list for it :lol:

Service, maybe a cam belt, thermostat, fix the doors, sort the electric fan, and what ever else we find.

Plus the occasional trips to the pub to warm up.

I am hoping to get our Discovery back on the road before Christmas but the way things are going :rolleyes: it may be after. Managed to strip the head off (thanks Les for the excellent 'how to' in the tech section) and get it skimmed. New gaskets alround and complete new set of bolts have been collected from 4x4Store in Exeter. Just waiting to get the block cleaned up now and buy a new torque wrench.

If all goes well, the next job is to tidy the mini up a smidgen and get it sold.

Then the 110 comes off the road to be sorted properly as I have a lot of hard work planned for it in the next year.

Will :)

Working 'cos I'm so dedicated to the team :lol: (and it gained brownie points for booking time off for Ladoga 08 B) )

Washing the 109 and giving it a good service on the 24th.

Playing marshaling with the Shire LRC at Slab on the 30th.

Moving a bl**dy huge TIG welder with Al at some point.

Partying in my mate's new house on the 31st.

Apart from that - I should probably start Christmas shopping at some point :huh:

Work's Christmas meal tonight.

Christmas shopping Weds and Thurs.

Work 2 x 12 hour days Sat and Sun. Then work 2 x 12 nights Mon and Tues.

Wrap up warm for the 30th at Slab and film the amazing off-road driving (snigger :P ) of my fellow club members and the marshals and hoping they don't point and laugh at me when I get stuck....which I will.....'cos it's sand....

Family stuff......... then going up to north wales to see sheeppimp and point and laugh alot at his S1 as it does not have drive to the front freewheeling hubs, and then get persuaded to help..... as karma punishment!!

oi cheek. as if I'd be saving up the jobs 'til you get here :rolleyes:

Family stuff......... then going up to north wales to see sheeppimp and point and laugh alot at his S1 as it does not have drive to the front freewheeling hubs, and then get persuaded to help..... as karma punishment!!

yes an remember you have been invited from the BOSS

to ares on boxing day

Me i will be working on how to iron out the load of problems my landy has decided to throw at me,.............................so that will involve a can of petrol and a match :angry: :angry: :angry: at least i will be warm for an hour or so :rolleyes:

marauding innocent members of the public and cheating them out of their hard earned cash in the name of charity on the 21st and whenever i get time, timing belt, clearances and a service on the disco on the 24th or as soon as the parts appear, boxing day and on fitting me christmas prezzies and getting it ready for kirton on the 29th. then a mate's 21st party the same night. new years at my mates, 21st birthday on the 2nd january, and then a roof rack and some boot storage to fabricate.

I have no intention of doing anything much out in the workshop but hope instead to be joining in the festive revels within the bosom of my family and partaking of the culinary, alcoholic, spiritual delights of the season with a little pursuing of fur and feather thrown in for good measure.

ill be stripping down an old gem of a 2a, to do a complete rebuild, the new galvy chassis being delivered on friday so better get my arse in gear! list of things to do is endless, strip n rebuild axles, give the almost none exsistant bulkhead a new lease of life, make up new loom. and lots and lots of hateful rubbing down and spraying :glare: a few pics of the old girl in the members gallary should you fancy a peak and sorry about pic quality tis only camara phone shots, but will be keeping it up to date.

and a merry christmas to everyone

andy.

I'll be at home entertaining my immediate family - various step children and thier stupid boyfrends looking forward to them going home :o

I'm also not waht you would call a lover of xmas - injoy the time off though

L/R Hoping to clock the drop pto and make up a side exit exhaust to suit if I get the time

Steve

Keeping my inventing shed heated to 60-odd deg is proving expensive - I don't want all that pig-iron to start rusting!

So who else is sad enough to be working on their Land Rover over Xmas?

My landy is out in the cold, I am putting an engine in it and the temp is so cold the

dehumidfiers in the garage are frozen and the table of the mill has a layer of ice on it!!!!!!!!!

I don't really mind working in the cold, I was putting an engine in a mustang xmas of 1985 and the temp was

below freezing.

You don't need to keep the temp at 60 to stop rust, just keep everything warmer than the air and it should be OK,

a dehumidifer works fine untill the temp gets below ~5C

My landy is out in the cold, I am putting an engine in it and the temp is so cold the

dehumidfiers in the garage are frozen and the table of the mill has a layer of ice on it!!!!!!!!!

I don't really mind working in the cold, I was putting an engine in a mustang xmas of 1985 and the temp was

below freezing.

You don't need to keep the temp at 60 to stop rust, just keep everything warmer than the air and it should be OK,

a dehumidifer works fine untill the temp gets below ~5C

As her indoors is not working both festive days and I finish after the last bus is put to bed on Christmas eve maybe the Landy will have to have a couple of days off. I have my ration of Hobgoblin and muled wine so perhaps beter to stay indoors and plot my next need to do things. Maybe get the maps out and think of green lanes for next year. All the best to all our readers were ever you may be, hopefuly see some of you next year. . :wub: