What are you doing over Xmas?

Les Henson

I will be visiting Les in A couple of hours.........then tomorrow is Tidy up gararge day, and start sorting engine/gearbox mounts for the V12.

Im hoping to get the Engine and gearbox in a position to weld the mounts in by the time I go back to work on the 3rd Jan. Im also hoping to get all the bodywork back on...........

Well it doesn't seem much like Christmas here in Panama, 85-90º, everything is green. I will have to mow the grass and pick oranges from a couple trees in the garden. I bought a couple hectacres up in the hills, hope to get out there, and plant some trees.

Hope everyone have a safe and happy holidays.

Area where I bought some property, cannot understand why my wife doesn't like it!

post-208-1198371316_thumb.jpg

Area is perfect for the LR!

post-208-1198371339_thumb.jpg

go on- wind us up, tell us how much you paid for property the mrs dosent like?

Not trying to wind you up, I grew up in West Virgina, US and remember Christmas as cold and snowy. One of the things I miss the most is the changing of the seasons, here it is rainy or dry, every day there is 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of dark, sun up and sun down varies by about a half hour, no concept of time passing.

This land is in an area of limited access, which means during the rainy season, the road is sometimes unpassable. It is at around 500 meters above sea level, so it is cooler than where I live at 18 meters. I plan to plant oranges, coffee, bananas, papays and other fruits and vegtables. I will build a small shelter for my hammock and spend the hottest days there, it is about 45 minutes (37km) from my house in a SIII diesel.

It is a little over two hectacres (23,480 square meters) and after having it surveyed and changing the title it will cost about US$1800. Land in the hils is cheap, because there are no all weather roads, sometimes no electricity, phones and water. By comparsion, land on the beach, (I am on the Pacific side) goes for US$20 per square meter and up.

If you don't mind the spiders and snakes, the price is ok! Another pic.

post-208-1198375657_thumb.jpg

making space in the garage to spray a back door and wing, and if i make enough space theres a chance i can get the 90 in so i can then fit the x-brake that I have been tripping over for the past month or so :rolleyes: , then maybe i can park the landy without it creeping off somewhere on its own accord :angry:

That lot should see me through until christmas 2008 once i have had the usual child interruptions and trips to gawd knows where for more tat that santa didnt bring - bah humbug :D