Vapour builder 2007

white90

Al, I've already got a penalty - it's small, green and rather fast :D

However, I'll match Les' offer: If my trucks not finished (ie MOTed and capable of competing) by my next birthday (29th November) I'll give £100 to Tony's gin fund. Oh, and I'll give £50 to said fund upon successful receipt of an MOT when I finish before then :D

Best get back to the workshop to finish the rear x-member

What qualifies as 'finished'?

Rather than specifying a load of different dates - birthdays or whatever. How about say we'll all meet up somewhere like 7 Sisters in the summer.

The qualification for 'finished' is being able to drive off road.

Si

Good suggestion Simon - there's always the Shire LRC Seven Sisters weekend, 21st - 22nd September I believe. Last one in the pond's called Colin and has to wear orange pants :blink:

:lol:

Ok, biccies, cakes and chocolate brownies for all forum members should I not have a working truck by the end of the year :) I may not have the axles I want by then due to said financial constraints, but I can come up with *something* and certainly want the rest of it ready to roll! (or slide if I can't afford the axles, :lol: ).

Deal.

Pass me the torch and the spanner. Sod the cold, I'm in the garage....

< slamming of the back door > :ph34r:

Spare a thought for people building on the drive, my safety specs had frost on them last night when i put them down for 10 minutes :o

Don't worry David, I know how you feel. I wasn't strictly accurate with my post and last night was working on the drive. I did work out though that I can fit my furry slippers in my trainers so had lovely warm feet :)

put a woodburner in the garage

...er... the garage is made of wood... ;):lol:

...er... the garage is made of wood... ;):lol:

Thats just additional fuel for the wood burner!!! :lol:

To be fair, as long as you fit it somewhere that it is not physically in contact with the wooden cladding it should not burn it down. (note: i offer no gaurantee....... especially if Dan is involved :rolleyes: )

I can confirm that twizzles garage is very toasty with the wood burner........ highly recommended!!

To be fair, as long as you fit it somewhere that it is not physically in contact with the wooden cladding it should not burn it down. (note: i offer no gaurantee....... especially if Dan is involved :rolleyes: )

Hense the 'winky', it was only a joke :lol:

No room for a woodburner anyway and not wasting time with fiddly things - got a Landy to build! :)

Er... I thought I had! I'm shooting for a full year, so lets say Christmas day 2008 for me.

There is no way I'm actually going to finish in a year (I won't even be in the country until May - see? the excuses have started... :rolleyes: ).

Do I have permission to add to the thread at the top, Les? I'm not going to have much to add until I get back but I'll do what I can!

My penalty will be as above.

Al. :)

You have much to learn in the ways of vapour-building...

Al.

;)

:lol: Jen always criticises me for standing around doing nothing. I try to explain to her that my mind is a transient whirl of imagination where design ideas are constantly being revised, updates and fettled.

She calls it procrastination!!

Does this mean that I am already trained in the fine art of vapour building? If so then I suppose I should put myself forward. I reckon I can get Bertha done... maybe... Think I'll go sweep the garage floor first :lol:;)

Does this mean that I am already trained in the fine art of vapour building? If so then I suppose I should put myself forward. I reckon I can get Bertha done... maybe... Think I'll go sweep the garage floor first :lol:;)

You certainly sound well on the way to Vapour-Jedi status!

Don't worry - ludicrous targets are what its all about.

Having a 'build' that consists of a small cardboard box full of bolts and brackets when your 'completion date' arrives is just all the more comical.

Al :)

Christmas Day 2008 sounds good for me too :)

If I can make Shires September 7Sisters I'll try, but I think Christmas 2008 is...er... more realistic?! :blink::ph34r: Biscuits and cakes for all forum members at a suitable event if I fail! B)

Having a 'build' that consists of a small cardboard box full of bolts and brackets when your 'completion date' arrives is just all the more comical.

Al, I'm SO glad you have one of those to B)

Here's my start point... series and donor series - spot the difference :lol: Will start a proper thread in Members Forum when I can with lots of Vapour like promises' featured :)

series.jpg

Bugger.