I Rolled my Landy

TripTrick

Glad to hear that you are all home safely.

Easy to be wise after the event, but you shouldn't have touched the clutch.

If you stalled the engine there was traction, so all you need do is secure the vehicle with the foot brake ( you said it needed one pump?)

THEN you carefully press the clutch to check the vehicle will hold, and select reverse.

Come off the clutch, and ease off the foot brake to check you are in gear and the vehicle should be held on the engine compression.

Get yourself ready and start the engine WITHOUT touching the clutch, and you should have a controlled decent, controlling the speed with the throttle.

I know I know, easy to say, and perhaps not easy to do with an older vehicle on drum brakes.

I used to hate hill climbs with my 101, as with twin leading shoe brakes there wasn't a lot to stop it rolling backwards.

Great Stuff. Yes Ivor and the boys know how to do things. I'd appreciate it very much if you can share some of the images with me for an album on the Overland Forum website: http://overland.co.za

You can email to me in small batches to "hennie.rautenbach[at]gmail.com".

Kind regards,

Hi Mudder,

Sure, How do you want the pics? Original Size of Exported to reduced 800X600.... ?

I have over 400 Pics... do you want them All or just some?

Landy Now after I spent the day Removing the trashed Roof Rack, slightly damaged Canopy and cracked Windscreen.

Doors removed aswell as they seem to not fit so great when closed now? Will have to check...

Might restore her back to a PUP? Any Comments / Ideas?

Need to replace Windscreen panes, 2 Windows in the Canopy and very minor panel beating in the canopy above my head.

Rebuild the Roof Rack as it is bent out of Shape (FUBAR)

After lying on her back (Roof) for 3 days, I still managed to fill the the tank under my seat from the rear tank. Not Bad. As I thought she had leaked all the Diesel out.

Removed All 6 Glow Plugs, (Glow #3 broke off in the sleeve, but with brute force it came out) Turned the Key for a few seconds (+-20) to let Oil Rockets fly over my car port like bullets from the glow plug holes....

Reinstalled Glow Plugs.

Filled Radiator.

Checked Oils.

Warmed Glow Plugs and Bob's your uncle, she started first Time...

She Smoked like an old trooper for about 20 minutes then she was fine. In fact, she feels like she drives better than before... Maybe everything is well lubed up now....

Will start putting all the bits back tomorrow to get her fully functional again....

post-5694-1198347256_thumb.jpg