'New' Series doors

malpasman

Hi

I have just picked up a pair of series 3 doors in perfect condition. These have been in storage and are mint. What is the best way to keep the insides in perfect condition, paint, waxoyl?

I am planning to put a panel on the inside lip of the door so that nobody slips and boots the outer skin, any suggestions or comments?

Many thanks Alan

Hi

I have just picked up a pair of series 3 doors in perfect condition. These have been in storage and are mint. What is the best way to keep the insides in perfect condition, paint, waxoyl?

I am planning to put a panel on the inside lip of the door so that nobody slips and boots the outer skin, any suggestions or comments?

Many thanks Alan

the best way to keep them in perect condition is to give them to me.

Ensure there are drain-holes in the steel-frame and then apply Waxoil ensuring you get a thorough coating to all the internal surfaces, that should protect them as far as rust is concerned. For accidental dents to the alloy panel you can fit door-trims but for alloy/steel corrosion you are in the hands of the gods! The best solution is to ensure the alloy & steel parts do not come into contact with each other (Warwick 4x4 used to supply plastic coated frames for their Defender doors, anyone know if they are still available?) but unless you want to peel the skin off the frame I would just paint & Waxoil them and then use them as intended, you should get at least 20-years out of them.

Many thanks for your replys gents, as you might have guessed this is my first landy project and I want to get it right. I often drive my mates 2004 90 on his farm, it has 45k on the clock and is starting to show corrosion problems on the doors, but she is a working girl.

Alan