Tracking Vehicle Movements

dottythe90

Anyone else seen this yet ?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/15/ve...vement_database

A nationwide network of numberplate recognition cameras, all linked. A database of vehicle movements, kept for 2 years - If this was 1st April I'd would have written it off as a joke.

Edited by Les Henson

I love foreign registered cars.............

And I have one... :lol::lol::lol:

With them ridiculously small and unreadable Belgian plates.

Dutch police to Belgian government:

- We have a problem with your licence plates, we can only read 20% of them...

Belgian government to Dutch police:

- Wow, how do you do THAT? We can only read 15%...

Up until 5 years ago the Belgian police had 5 working speed cams. All 5 in the Flemish part of Belgium...

And I have one... :lol::lol::lol:

With them ridiculously small and unreadable Belgian plates.

Dutch police to Belgian government:

- We have a problem with your licence plates, we can only read 20% of them...

Belgian government to Dutch police:

- Wow, how do you do THAT? We can only read 15%...

Up until 5 years ago the Belgian police had 5 working speed cams. All 5 in the Flemish part of Belgium...

Belgie plates are cool :D I also like Slovak and Hungarian plates, £15 for a private registration and ANY word you like as the plate (well only if it isnt rude in Slovak!) B)

It's the Italian plates that are the business. There are plates you can't read from 10 Meters, I suppose they are legal?

Plates are legal,running 35" under your Landy is not...

You get the vision...

Plates are legal,running 35" under your Landy is not...

You get the vision...

Errr ... No, you had better paint me a picture or a cartoon for the "hard of visulaising". :blink:

That is scarry though. I think I will pack in engineering and get into IT, write some Chav recognition (catching hardened antisocial villans) software. ;)

Andy there has been those on the M27 for the past 5 years

But they say they are for Sotlen cars, Yeah right

I personally don't like this but there is some paranoia about it.

If you think about it, the data logged about the whereabout's of your vehicle will be amongst many millions of similar records for other vehicles. It it only becomes an issue should someone start searching for your registration plate otherwise it is some data that noone looks, cares or knows about.

Although when the 'puters are programmed to work out road speed, that is when it becomes inconvenient.

You probably find your mug is recorded on many miles of video tape if you have ever walked through a shopping centre, some shops, banks or town centre.

Errr ... No, you had better paint me a picture or a cartoon for the "hard of visulaising". :blink:

I could,but too much swearing I'd put in the balloons and this is a family forum as somebody said once...

:rolleyes:

As others have pointed out - we have been monitored and recorded for years.

Where this is different is that its National and there will be a central database.

What would be very difficult at the moment (ie searching multiple disconnected sources of information for matching data or images) suddenly becomes very easy (type in a registration number, some dates, and hey presto, all your movements are neatly listed - yes, thats a simplistic view, but you get the idea)

Also, this is being implemented by the Police, not apparently, the Government (at least not directly............?)