Seems the UAE can't get anough RR's

LR90

Ragheads have lotsa dosh, no sense. Nothing much has changed since I was there on that front.

And they like cars cos you sit down to drive them. They don't like standing up or walking about much.

Or doing any work, for that matter.

Its all cos they want the newest toy

First was the X5, then the Cayenne and now the RR sport

Don't buy one of the above in the UAE,its had a hard life

Saw I young local guy doing laps round a local car park in his brand new RR Sport, this is nothing out of the ordinary

As for the Defender they just don't appreciate an iconic truck, thay love their jap *rap if they can't afford the above

Ragheads have lotsa dosh, no sense. Nothing much has changed since I was there on that front.

And they like cars cos you sit down to drive them. They don't like standing up or walking about much.

Hi Jim;

I've got you penciled in for some "sensitivity training" :lol::lol:

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure I agree with you gentlemen, Living in Abu Dhabi has me thinking,

How many people do we know that can read a magazine/newspaper, smoke a ciggy, have something to drink, eat, talk on their mobile, try and keep the kids from climbing over the seats, while waving their arms all over the place, doing 200 kms/hr! With only two arms and legs that would make them an incredibly "gifted" driver.

I passed a RR Sport a few days ago, I did a double take, the driver was partially turned in his seat, talking on his mobile, no hands free or bluetooth and waving his right hand around, he was steering with his bare left foot :blink: I couldn't believe it! Nearly sh*t myself when I saw his foot on the wheel!

They don't drive their trucks here they aim them and launch them like missiles, A Defender doesn't go fast enough for them here, and it's not big enough to be a Hummer. The society has the LAMB mentality, Look At Me Boys!

The sad part is there is a lack of understanding of the consquences, whether they get hurt/killed or someone else does! Proper driver education and personal accountability will go a long way in the middle east when it comes to driving.

The LR3 has turned out to be a bit of a flop here, you don`t see many on the roads at all, but the Sport is a different story, they are everywhere, LR must be making a mint of em.

On Beach road the other night, I noticed 3 of em parked in a line, thinking they must be from a LR do, but no it was 3 seperate owners just parked and doing their shopping.

I would like to see the stats, but between the Sport and the Cayane they must be about the top selling 4x4s out here, still hav`nt seen one in the desert yet though.

• 4 weeks later...
I would like to see the stats, but between the Sport and the Cayane they must be about the top selling 4x4s out here, still hav`nt seen one in the desert yet though.

Cols....me Mark and Tim were heading off to the Dubai Int Rally the other week and came across a RRS stuck in the sand up to his wing mirrors! No time to stop though coz Mark was course opening and I'm sweep.

On the way back the Rangie Sport was still there..................................being pulled out from the sand by a Bentley Continental on deflated tyres!

I had the pleasure of driving side by side with a RRS on a Fun Drive last year. Very capable but also a tad hesitant when approaching dunes...even with his suspension lifted he was close to ripping off the air dam. My 130 pi$$ed all over it!

Pat Fay is the Middle East testing manager for the Premier Group here....first time out with the RRS he ripped the front air dam off causing 7000Dhs (1000 quids) worth of damage. He threw it in the back and carried on driving for the rest of the day!

Nice cars.....but the Desert ain't the place for them.

Lets not forget the Cayenne in market testing day here near big Red......two gearboxes later and a few red faces by the Porche directors....maybe they thought we broke them on purpose?

Catcha.

S.

On new years day I had the pleasure of towing a brand new RRS out of a grassy field in my £500 Disco. Ok so I have MTs (well worn) and he was on road tyres but even with all his gadgets dialed in and all four wheels spinning in a nice controlled measure he was going nowhere. Poor bloke was very embarressed and kept saying that he was only used to driving on sand!! Fair enough but the technique on wet grass and sand aint that different.

Needless to say not impressed as weren't the scores of farmers in their defenders who watched in disbelief before driving quietly out (also on road tyres to a greater degree!).

Not wishing to upset anyone but an X5 with similar road tyres also drove out of the field with no dramas

Fancy being our next PM? :ph34r: