fuel bleed problem

morphylad

I've just fitted a new lift pump onto my 95 disco tdi, now it won't start. I have fuel going into the injection pump and returning via return pipe, but there is nothing going to the injectors. Has the injection pump gone or does it just need bleeding, if so how do you bleed it?

is the wire still on the pump or did the wire brake as you put the lift pump

if it's still fine turn the ignition on and tap the conector onto the switch if it's clicking reconect it. and losen the injecter pipes at the injector's and turn over till a good amount of fuel is seen retiten the injector pipes and try starting( it may start while you bleading it).

is the wire still on the pump or did the wire brake as you put the lift pump

if it's still fine turn the ignition on and tap the conector onto the switch if it's clicking reconect it. and losen the injecter pipes at the injector's and turn over till a good amount of fuel is seen retiten the injector pipes and try starting( it may start while you bleading it).

Thanks, I tapped the solenoid on the injection pump and it still would'nt start. I then touched a live wire onto it and could hear it clicking but it still would'nt start. I then kept the live wire onto it and it fired up straight away. I have to disconnect the wire to kill the engine as turning the key won't. All the fuses are ok so will it be the relay thats gone?

Geoff