What is your ebay name?

02GF74

Ok, what is your ebay login name?

... and then password. :D

Not a scam; I am not interested in your account name but the reasons for you chosing it. and the thought process, or lack of behind it.

I'll give reasons behind mine.

When I registered in ebay, I entered some name but was told that it would need to be xxxx4 or something since someone else had already registered it.

I took my James Wilkinson dictionary and looked for a noun that is not commonly used in every day speach so that it is unique. So there. :P

Note that if your account name is your firstname-lastname then you are excluded from replying - I am not wanting you to divulge your account name. Oh, and that makes you boring too! :angry:

I took mine from the only fools and horses series which I was watching at the time of loginnig in

It keeps me Anonymous and gives the posties/ couriers a laugh as they see the name and then ask me if it my real one!!! :rolleyes:

I already knew I was boring though :)

more seriously I reached a stage that it seemed that 'honesty is the best policy' is applicable to sign-in names too. More recently I have tended to not put my full surname in, to avoid making it easy for identity thieves.

Mine is RTBCOMP and I've loads of useful stuff for Landy owners for sale right now on Ebay.

Keep looking, as stuff gets added all the time. Don't forget folks add RTBCOMP to your favourite sellers list

PS I chose that because I used to trade as RTB Computer Services

Mine is RTBCOMP and I've loads of useful stuff for Landy owners for sale right now on Ebay.

Keep looking, as stuff gets added all the time. Don't forget folks add RTBCOMP to your favourite sellers list

PS I chose that because I used to trade as RTB Computer Services

RT, would you have a link to your ebay shop??

I cant search for it using the shop search.

Shame, really as my local thought police wont let me access your website either.

i think they may be trying to tell me something!!

chrs

clunk

Mine is Landrover598, i use the same name for all my internet stuff as well as the same password, otherwise i would get confused :blink:

Excellent, I'll get to work on your password hash! :lol:

Seriously, you really shouldn't go giving out information like that - it means if someone gets access to your password on one site (either through lax security or an unscrupulous employee/admin) they know you've got a potentially more valuable account (eBay) that they now have the full log in for... I know a lot of people use the same password for 'low risk' sites (ie. it's not that big a deal if your account gets compromised), but you'd do well to use unique passwords for sites like eBay where you're carrying out financial transactions and someone with access to your account could run you up a big bill or even get you into legal trouble. End of internet security lesson :D

After trying umpteen variations of different names all of which were already in use, I ended up with one made up of a combination of my domain name (stormhammer.com) and the name of my computer at the time (amadeus). Bit sad really...

Geoff, you don't really give you computers names do you....... :blink::o

You need to get out more old bean! ;):unsure:

Geoff, you don't really give you computers names do you....... :blink::o

You need to get out more old bean! ;):unsure:

All computers have names, even if it's just the one the installer made up for you :P If your computer is on a network like mine are, it helps if you give them memorable names so you know which machine you're looking at - at the time they were all named after classical composers (currently it's characters from Brian Jaques' Redwall novels).

In windows, right click My Computer and select Properties, then pick the Computer Name tab and you can see what yours is called (if you're an administrator it might let you change the name - *don't* bad things tend to happen :( Changing the description is fine). Can't remember how to find it on a Mac, and if you're using anything else you probably know anyway :)

Mine is bionicade, a combination of my invincibility due to a certain little digital enhancement I have to keep my heart running right and a shortened version of my name!!

Not very original really, but suggests that I can go for hours......... :P:unsure: B)

my user name on here is due to a certain colouring agent that was added to my DNA make-up nearly 25 years ago!!! Thanks UNIGATE!!!!!!!!