transfer box's

pux

Hi Guy's i think my transfer box is about to goto the landy heaven :angry: so my question is will a transfer box from a 200tdi disco fit on a to a 300tdi :huh: as this is one of the options i have open to me. Im going to drop all the oil out of it at lunch time and check the plugs for bits and refill it just to make sure the oil is not knackered :(:( all this as im trying to sell it, must be a sign it wants to stay :lol::lol:

Yes, no problem. It's basically the same box. You will need to check that it has the cross-drilled output gear. If it doesn't, fit one first as otherwise it will stuff up your main box mainshaft which is very expensive to change.

Yes, no problem. It's basically the same box. You will need to check that it has the cross-drilled output gear. If it doesn't, fit one first as otherwise it will stuff up your main box mainshaft which is very expensive to change.
Great Jim many thnaks for the quick reply :D

hello.

i have done this literally a month ago. they boxes are exactly identical apart from a couple of things.

1. you will need to change the little speedo cable drive in the tx box, just slots out and in quite easy.

2. the handbrake drum and handbrake cable are different, you'll need to use your 300 tdi handbrake assembley or modify the cable where it attaches to the handbrake (which is what i did).

hope this helps. apart from that its childsplay.

hello.

i have done this literally a month ago. they boxes are exactly identical apart from a couple of things.

1. you will need to change the little speedo cable drive in the tx box, just slots out and in quite easy.

2. the handbrake drum and handbrake cable are different, you'll need to use your 300 tdi handbrake assembley or modify the cable where it attaches to the handbrake (which is what i did).

hope this helps. apart from that its childsplay.

hi guys thanks for the help, its all sorted now :D :D :D i gave it some fresh motion lotion and its gone quiet now, the old oil that come out was nasty but no metal bits in thank god :D :D

It's almost impossible to break a LT230, they will take lots of power and torque, even GM V8 diesels are no problem. But run out of oil and the box will destruct very quickly. And as they tend to leak, especially from the intermediate shaft o-rings, it pays you to check the level about once a month.

Which reminds me that I must go out to the garage and check mine now :rolleyes:

It's almost impossible to break a LT230, they will take lots of power and torque, even GM V8 diesels are no problem. But run out of oil and the box will destruct very quickly. And as they tend to leak, especially from the intermediate shaft o-rings, it pays you to check the level about once a month.

Which reminds me that I must go out to the garage and check mine now :rolleyes:

i could not agree more with the above :D :D :D :D