front runner expedition roof rack

fraggles

If it's the Wind Cheatah...buy it! Thats a very good price. Retails was over 600 quid in the UK when they first came out.

As for the rack it's self.

I have one on my Discovery...I paid less than 80quid for it brand new as a promotion!

Comments. The Disco roof gutter is not straight so be sure you fit the two slightly longer brackets at the front.

The slats of the Front Runner have channeled slots which make it a very diversable system. You can change your load around every time you go out. Buy a dozen 13mm x 15mm stainless bolts and some 8mm threaded female lifting eyes for use as securing eyes.

Front Runner also have one of the best collection of bolt on accessories for the racks.

The down side of these racks is that the slats go across the width of the car as opposed to running the length of the roof. This creates a huge amount of wind noise...even with the wind deflector fitted that come with the rack...it's still quite annoying.

I have an Eazi Awn tent on mine, with a swing out side awning & four x 130 watt IPF's...it's a great rack.

I agree. Front runner make good stuff, and here we have lots of choices. 375 squid seems like a lot of cash to me, but I haven't checked their prices for a long time now. 600 quid is daylight robbery.

Thanks for reply, I will phone Paddock spares on your advice tomorrow. I will be fitting a Prime Tech roof tent to it, which i have been told is the same as a safri-euip tent. It's on its way from Germany. I bought it off ebay new for £300 + £80 postage.

Britpart were also selling them last year...price was over the 500 quid mark.

Fraggles. Depending on which model you buy...with or without the side rails. You may need to get the raised brackets that bring the roof tent above the level of the side rails. You might get lucky and find that the tent sits inside the rails..best get your tape measure out before ordering the tent mounting brackets...there are three types that I've seen and there are probably more.

Britpart were also selling them last year...price was over the 500 quid mark.

Fraggles. Depending on which model you buy...with or without the side rails. You may need to get the raised brackets that bring the roof tent above the level of the side rails. You might get lucky and find that the tent sits inside the rails..best get your tape measure out before ordering the tent mounting brackets...there are three types that I've seen and there are probably more.

I ordered one last night, however Paddockspares rang me today saying that they dont stock it anymore (so why still have it on there web site?)

So im now looking for one again. The tent arrived today took less than 4 days from Germany :) Will messure it up tomorrow and then start looking for a cheap but good rack. Anymore ideas from anyone. :rolleyes: